Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Misfires 3 and 4

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Red Raspberry 
#1 ·
2013 2.0t premium running btr stage 1 cuatom tune, cold air intake, muffler delete meth injection not tuned for meth! Had BTR tune car 3 years ago everything was good had head gasket go on me replaced over winter with ARP HEADSTUDS befpre doing head gasket was throwing codes random misfires, and running lean, so i replaced plugs and noticed BTR did not go 1 stage colder and left stock plugs in so i replaced with stock plugs then did headgasket, now car is running alot better but it still throws a code now and then misfire cylinder 4 and 3 switched coils around still doing the same! Now my question is should i gap plugs to .025 and check if that helps? Or just get 1 step colder plugs and gap them to .025.. also when i pulled plugs before doing head gasket they were black as the car was obviously running rich and advice on which way i should go? Is appreciated

#2 ·
From what i read colder plugs benefit from advanced timing. Since your at stage 1 this could go either way really, but i would vote no since you had stock plugs in all this time. So i cannot comment on if you need colder or not. Since you just swapped plugs and the issue started im not sure if i would think the coils are the issue. I would make sure your new plugs are all gaped to the same specification because if not that could cause the misfires. If they are all reading good i would look into coils or goto the shop that did your custom tune. If you had stock plugs in prior and all worked well, i dont see why that cant be accomplished again. Although the gap is important and from what i can also see most plugs can have a bit of variance, especially if you went with stock ones again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.