Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious, i just ordered my mishimoto intercooler and was hoping to order an HKS BOV kit.... not sure if the piping will be any issues? can someone tell me if it will require any cutting?:confused:

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Return return return!

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
dude... mishimoto's jsut about to release there new kit, they just finished doing r&d work last week. it's supposed to be exponentially better

·
Registered
593 Posts
the one you bought is almost the same as the stock one. it cools exactly the same amount as the shitty stock IC

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn.... and exactly how is that? most of the charts they show or that i pull up show a diff compared to the stock ic..... fml

·
Registered
593 Posts
i mean its a very small upgrade from stock but for the same money you can get a TR8 core with a custom pipe kit or a depo FMIC which is 10x better for like 550$

·
lackadaisical
2,524 Posts
what about changing the CORE later on... you think i will be able to just use there piping?
u will be able to reuse piping with their new core as I recall

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice .... sounds good to me sucks about wasting that money but i mean i had no idea they were releasing a new kit... just my luck.... thanks fellas

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
nice .... sounds good to me sucks about wasting that money but i mean i had no idea they were releasing a new kit... just my luck.... thanks fellas
You should actually be able to use just about any core with their piping. The core they provide has been documented to have pretty awful IAT's with even the stock turbo. There are a lot of good core options out there for you!

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
yeah thanks alot.... sucks that i didnt really research it as good as i should have lol
The pipes are still good though! Look at the Treadstone core thread. Affordable and seem to perform well.

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
yup... well mishi, did comfirm that they will have a core upgrade option when the time comes,

·
Registered
32 Posts
for the price of the kit and for the info you can find i dont blame you i just got the same kit in black for under 400 dollars

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
def i tried to to tell my self not to underpay for parts but i couldnt help myself and thought this kit was pretty good... till it made sense what they were saying lol

·
Severed member
1,597 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts