Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am finishing up my TK.com turbo kit install. I am trying to install the Mishimoto oil cooler. I understand it has to be mounted in a different orientation as the intercooler takes up a lot of room in the front.

I spent a lot of time trying to run the lines to the front of the car, it always seems either an A/C line or subframe get in the way. The lines are kinda rigid so they don't bend too easily, so it's making it more difficult. Figuring out where the lines should run, plus where the cooler should be mounted is becoming a speed bump....

Does anyone have any photos of how they ran their lines and mounted the cooler??

Any insight is appreciated.

-Sass

·
Registered
784 Posts
R-spec ryan

look on youtube. Rspec-Ryan just re-did his 3.8 Turbo. He added the Mishimoto cooler. Its mounted upside down with the bracket running from the top of the radiator frame.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look on youtube. Rspec-Ryan just re-did his 3.8 Turbo. He added the Mishimoto cooler. Its mounted upside down with the bracket running from the top of the radiator frame.
Thanks! I actually watched his videos but he never went over the cooler, just kinda mentioned it. I tried recreating what he did, but it's just been a headache....the hardest part of the entire project has been this damn cooler.....ha, my luck I guess...

·
Registered
784 Posts
You can use the bracket that came with it. You ll probably have to bend its yaw to match the down ward slope from the top of the rad frame. and drill new holes in the rad frame.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi!

I am finishing up my TK.com turbo kit install. I am trying to install the Mishimoto oil cooler. I understand it has to be mounted in a different orientation as the intercooler takes up a lot of room in the front.

I spent a lot of time trying to run the lines to the front of the car, it always seems either an A/C line or subframe get in the way. The lines are kinda rigid so they don't bend too easily, so it's making it more difficult. Figuring out where the lines should run, plus where the cooler should be mounted is becoming a speed bump....

Does anyone have any photos of how they ran their lines and mounted the cooler??

Any insight is appreciated.

-Sass
Reach out to forum member GenCoupe13.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts