Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Don't hold your breath because my CSF radiator has failed badly after 2 years. It's sad my ISIS radiator held up better

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Don't hold your breath because my CSF radiator has failed badly after 2 years. It's sad my ISIS radiator held up better
Loving my CSF rad to this day. I've also had ISIS even before Mishi but the only thing is - it went straight to garbage after opening the box. It looked like someone pieced 5 junk yard radiators into one.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
how did it fail?
Same thing that happens to most of the aftermarket crap, leaks where the core enters the end tanks. Common for 350/370z guys from 5 seconds of research. My ISIS leaked the same way but it atleast gave me enough time to drive it the rest of the season. The CSF one went fast, and with fewer miles, probably only 10,000

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Does the leaking one have plastic side tanks? Or are the side tanks crimped on?
It's all aluminum, I was thinking it was mounted to rigidly but it's mounted the same way everyone else is and has plenty of movement. You have the V6 koyo right? Did you need different lower brackets?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
It's all aluminum, I was thinking it was mounted to rigidly but it's mounted the same way everyone else is and has plenty of movement. You have the V6 koyo right? Did you need different lower brackets?
It's a V6 radiator in a 2L. It dropped right in place no modification needed for mounting it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
2.5 years later my CSF is still going strong... Don't have any doubts it will be just fine for another 2.5 years.

Disclaimer: no, CSF did not pay me to say this....

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
I've been meaning to add....

I changed my t-stat this summer. Now it runs at 187F. Apparently the other one had grown lazy. Even though it ran at 180F it must have been leaking.

FS "cold" OEM t-stat.....

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
mine runs at ~180 most of the time due to running LO speed fan... It's been hot this summer and still is, so I don't mind really but again, just as last year and the year before - a fan controller is yet to be installed... I am fixing to switch tunes, so hoping that would solve the fan issue.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts