Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just added maybe half a cup or less to my radiator then almost an entire bottle of the peak (1 Gal).

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Blyatt,

I've sent a message to Mishimoto customer service last night; I basically asked how would we go about the return/refund process. I stated that I no longer have the original box because I had no clue that I would have to return the radiator, but I am willing to cover the new box's cost plus the packing materials; however, they do need to provide me a prepaid shipping label. I have spent enough trying to make it work.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Update:

Yesterday afternoon I received a call from Nick @Mishimoto; basically he started asking me exactly the same questions as John, so I just asked him to take a look at what John and I have talked about already.

I was asked to drive the car without bumper to see if temperatures would drop and I immediately had to refuse because one, it's against the law to drive without bumper and I will get a ticket; two, I live right next to Sheriff's station, so no, don't even want to try.

Nick had also asked something about the "official" install guide they have on the website and asked whether if I followed it........ He said that nobody else has that huge gap between the radiator and AC condenser, so it could be because I didn't follow the instructions........ He was also curious regarding me having to shorten the hoses, he said that normally this is not necessary. I had to explain (again) that because the radiator is pushed towards the engine (further than OEM), the hoses became too long and would not fit unless I trimmed them. Again, the upper one had to be trimmed anyway due to installing the hose adapter for my water gauge but the lower one was way too long to fit.

I mean, don't get me wrong - I appreciate the follow up; however, I feel like the same questions get asked and it is somewhat annoying to having to repeat myself every time. I thought we already came up to conclusion and the return/refund was granted. I don't think there's much more to troubleshoot.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
That's why I would never buy a major part from Mishi. Even if your rad leaked they still want it shipped to them and "inspected." Asinine. CSF sure doesn't do that they send you a new one before you can finish saying CSF

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Lesson learned. See, I could do a paypal claim, but I just don't want to sh*t on Enjuku, because Sam @Enjuku Racing is doing his best to help me. I should have gone with CSF too, I thought about it many times, it is just I have not seen anybody else but Snoopy with that radiator. The more research I do on CSF, the more I realize how great of a radiator that is.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Lesson learned. See, I could do a paypal claim, but I just don't want to sh*t on Enjuku, because Sam @Enjuku Racing is doing his best to help me. I should have gone with CSF too, I thought about it many times, it is just I have not seen anybody else but Snoopy with that radiator. The more research I do on CSF, the more I realize how great of a radiator that is.
I'm sure Snoopy would let us know if he was having trouble, I have the CSF as well.

·
Go Hyundai!
1,009 Posts
I'm sure Snoopy would let us know if he was having trouble, I have the CSF as well.
Anyone know if they make one for or if it will fit the 3.8? :D

·
Go Hyundai!
1,009 Posts
How is that funny? There are guys that put the 3.8 Rad in the 2.0, so why wouldn't an aftermarket rad for a 2.0 fit a 3.8? If it was significantly better than the stock rad, it might be better than the 3.8 rad.

I just want a radiator that is about twice as thick as my current one. But I think someone will have to custom make that and it will cost a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
It's not really funny, more just ironic I guess. That would definitely be a downgrade for you because 3.8 radiator is bigger than 2.0... That's why 2.0 guys put 3.8 rads in their cars w/some modifications.

·
Go Hyundai!
1,009 Posts
It's not really funny, more just ironic I guess. That would definitely be a downgrade for you because 3.8 radiator is bigger than 2.0... That's why 2.0 guys put 3.8 rads in their cars w/some modifications.
So why would anyone buy an aftermarket 2.0T rad when you could just put in a 3.8 rad? Unless the aftermarket 2.0T rad was bigger or better than the 3.8.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
So why would anyone buy an aftermarket 2.0T rad when you could just put in a 3.8 rad? Unless the aftermarket 2.0T rad was bigger or better than the 3.8.
Haha, that's a good question for @Red Rasperry

Well, once we (2.0 guys) install a FMIC and remove factory intercooler, the hole (the one I had to seal below the radiator) becomes useless. In order to have it plugged in, one has to buy a plate from BTR for $70 or so (waste of money), or do what I did - DIY that biatch - same thing for free. Red decided to utilize that space and install a larger 3.8 radiator; however, he had some difficulties with the lower hose. He also had to pretty much create his own mount for the shroud. I cannot recall if he had some issues with his IC piping. Either way, this is not for everyone as there quite a few of modifications to go through.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Is the CSF any thicker than stock, or will I have to trim my IC pipes if I get this one in the future? My IC pipe are pretty much against my overflow tank right now with the stock rad.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
I originally ordered a stock replacement 3.8L radiator. It was less than half the thickness of the 2L oem radiator. 5/8" IIRC so I returned it.

If you want to go to a 3.8L radiator it should be a lot easier now that the +13s come with one. It will drop right in and you can get the +13 lower radiator hose. Only real problem may be your hot side pipe.

·
Go Hyundai!
1,009 Posts
I spoke to someone at Mishimoto about making a thicker core radiator for the 3.8T guys, and they basically brushed it off and said they were not interested. I'm talking to two other radiator companies, but it doesn't look cheap. But will be significantly better cooling.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Maybe because there aren't too many 3.8T customers? Or not enough for them that is?

There's a radiator on importshark for $599.. Looks thick...

101 - 120 of 214 Posts