Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
I agree. as a mod on 2 other forums. its would be a courtesy to pm the OP so they know why their thread wasn't approved. I know they saw my FS thread because they deleted the original once I asked them too. it was on the same day. so why couldn't the mod take 30 seconds and pm and give me a quick reason it needs to be approved instead of pming a mod and always bugging snoopy everytime. yes you volunteer your time but if your complaining about how much ppl complain then your in the wrong department. that's your job. that would be like me owning a gas station and complaining when people show up to get gas. if you hate it that much maybe you should resign.

and no mods aren't paid. its the owner of the website that sees all the money. hes the one getting paid and it still took him 6 months to -1 years to put a build thread section in.
"Hush hush hush hush, you're coming off stupid"

·
buy me some race gas!
1,860 Posts
"Hush hush hush hush, you're coming off stupid"
not really. maybe you don't understand since your not a mod. but if your confused ill be more than happy to explain it to you.

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
In my eyes if you really want to sell an item you can take the "extra 30 seconds" to PM a mod. If not then I don't think you want to sell it that bad.

·
buy me some race gas!
1,860 Posts
In my eyes if you really want to sell an item you can take the "extra 30 seconds" to PM a mod. If not then I don't think you want to sell it that bad.
so lets see. I post a fs thread with everything that first appears up. I fully try to explain item. assuming its gets posted. come to find out almost 24hr later on my post it still hasn't been posted.(may not be this exact one but many in the past) I see mods have been on since that time. some are lazy. trust me. I know. I have lazy mods on the other forums. they want the title without doing the work. I would love to come back and check every 5 min to see if its been posted. but if a mod sees something wrong. since it usually appears on the main pages what needs to be moderated then look over the thread. see something missing. send a quick pm. I do it all the time. its called a courtesy. now that I didn't see it up yes I pm a mod but a pm would helped from somebody that orig saw it.

guess from now I ill post my thread and pm every mod on here to assure it gets done

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
I just don't like the whole "the world owes me" attitude. I don't think any of our mods are a mod simply because they want the title, from what I have seen all of our mods are true enthusiests and are the leaders in groundbreaking information for our platform. Just my opinion.

·
buy me some race gas!
1,860 Posts
I just don't like the whole "the world owes me" attitude. I don't think any of our mods are a mod simply because they want the title, from what I have seen all of our mods are true enthusiests and are the leaders in groundbreaking information for our platform. Just my opinion.
but that's the thing I don't think its owed, never said that. its just a courtesy. i know what its like to be the mod. but if the guy forgot to add a little info i would pm him telling him he needs to give me that info instead of just letting it sit and just be there. i would be here to help.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
So lets say he did forget to add info.. He still has to make a new thread and try again because he/she failed at the first attempt.

Side note, Some of us mods do PM the OP when requirements aren't met, some of us don't. It depends on how much time we have/ and what we can physically do from what type of technology we are logged into. Our desktop version is great. If we are logged into the mobile site, not so much. If you think your mobile site is bad, you should see the moderators version. The super mod /admin versions are yet again another step down.

So, you have to realize that we (mods) aren't sitting behind a computer 24/7. The majority of us do our jobs the best we can from our phones.

If you thread hasn't posted in 24 hours, is it really a big deal to PM a mod and ask why? Of course not. Are you guys making this a bigger deal than it needs to be? Yes.

There are only about 6 active mods as compared to the 35,000+ members. Imagine how many FS threads there are a day...

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts
Can a mod approve my FS thread? Thanks!

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Can a mod approve my FS thread? Thanks!
No. Your pictures don't work. Try hitting "Go advance" before posting and verifying everything works and all needed information is included.

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts
No. Your pictures don't work. Try hitting "Go advance" before posting and verifying everything works and all needed information is included.
...:ttiwwp:

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts
can you post my thread so I can atleast edit it and make pictures work? Having me start over from scratch is a real pain in the @ss

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
can you post my thread so I can atleast edit it and make pictures work? Having me start over from scratch is a real pain in the @ss
No, I don't. Trying to keep track of open threads that don't meet requirements is not something I want to do.

Try again. You'll learn.

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts
No, I don't. Trying to keep track of open threads that don't meet requirements is not something I want to do.

Try again. You'll learn.

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
I feel like an old man saying that all these youngin's just expect things to be done in thirty seconds or less. Then when it's not they put 100x more effort into complaining about it when it isn't. I'm only 22... I guess in Texas we were taught to do things for ourselves before we expect someone else to do it.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
I feel like an old man saying that all these youngin's just expect things to be done in thirty seconds or less. Then when it's not they put 100x more effort into complaining about it when it isn't. I'm only 22... I guess in Texas we were taught to do things for ourselves before we expect someone else to do it.
I'm not much older.. :D

·
Chapter 11 Section 62
1,582 Posts

I'm in the middle of buying something. I really want these somethings. I ended up on the phone for an hour this morning with paypal working stuff out, I dont even have an account i just pay invoices with a credit card. But i went tru all this work because i want the something. and other than this one guy selling this something used, i have no other options than buying new. and that would take quite a while.

If people want to sell their ****, and mess up their first post, do it again, stop bitching like little girls, stop making new threads, and stop wasting even more of the mods time. Time they could be spending approving for sale threads from other users.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts