Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Motegi Rims

Has anyone used these rims before? Comments?
Motegi MR126

I can get a decent price for a set of these for my new GC
F 20x8.5 R 20x10 size for $950.00 plus tax new in box.

Any information good or bad would be appreciated

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
The name is "Motegi".

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
According to their website, the MR 126 doesn't come in the right bolt pattern for the Genesis Coupe. Aside from that, their offsets suck. You'd have to run spacers to make them look good even if you could find a set that had the correct bolt pattern.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to their website, the MR 126 doesn't come in the right bolt pattern for the Genesis Coupe. Aside from that, their offsets suck. You'd have to run spacers to make them look good even if you could find a set that had the correct bolt pattern.
Hmm I had looked these up on the tirerack website showing for my make and model of vehicle and it shows these as fitting it at 5-114. So that isn't the correct lug pattern and size? I thought i looked that up and it stated it was but i could be incorrect.

I anticipated using spacers if i wanted to flush fit the rims to edge of fenders. That shouldn't be a problem i have used motorsport-tech spacers on other vehicles and they are solid.

Any other decent looking White rims you could point out? I am not interested in powder coating or painting rims.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
5x114.3 with a wheel bore of 67.1. Gotta have both for it to fit properly. If you are running spacers, bore is not a real issue, but...... I dunno... I guess if I am going to spend $1000 on wheels, I would think that I could get what I wanted without having to run spacers to make them fit properly. Aside from that, spacers put a lot of stress on the bearing because the support point is further away from the axle. Not saying that you cannot run spacers... just saying that there's a lot more wear and tear on the bearings with them than without them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5x114.3 with a wheel bore of 67.1. Gotta have both for it to fit properly. If you are running spacers, bore is not a real issue, but...... I dunno... I guess if I am going to spend $1000 on wheels, I would think that I could get what I wanted without having to run spacers to make them fit properly. Aside from that, spacers put a lot of stress on the bearing because the support point is further away from the axle. Not saying that you cannot run spacers... just saying that there's a lot more wear and tear on the bearings with them than without them.
I do not see any bore size given via the tirerack website but as i said they show that they fit for 2013 2.0T R-spec looking up by car make and model.
The only bore size i find is for the black ones not the white which show as 38mm Offset and a 72.6 Hub Bore.. Is that what you are seeing?
I definitely want to make sure the numbers match up with the other retailer so i get something that fits and not some paper holders. And if they wont work then that is what i need to know.

Thanks for the information.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
A larger bore size will fit; however, all of the weight of the car is on the lugs and not the axle unless they also offer an axle hub adapter (same issue with this as running spacers with regard to bearing wear and tear). A smaller bore size will not fit without wheel spacers. Again, bore size is moot if you are running spacers as the bore does not extend past the spacers (unless they are very thin). Given the size of the offset of these particular wheels you are going to need about a +20 spacer to get a flush fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts