Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm surprised I haven't seen any other posts about this, so I'm wondering if this is limited to my car - anyone else have any of these issues?

- Often when I start my car, it will say "Reading USB". That's it. That's all it will ever do, and the activity light on the stick doesn't light up. Sometimes I can fix it by shutting the stereo off and on a few times, but it will do one of the other failure modes listed here unless I actually shut the engine off to reboot.

- Sometimes in the middle of a song it will go *pop* and resume playback, but forget that I was shuffling.

- Sometimes in the middle of a song, it will stop, quickly skip through the whole album, and go to radio playback because it doesn't see a flashdrive.

- Often if it did any of the above before, and I got it to work for a session, it will only display the title of the first song it played, no matter how many tracks it plays.

- This isn't a bug in the same way, but it's kind of dumb that if you have Bluetooth enabled, I start the car, hit shuffle, then it goes "transfer complete!" ...then I hit shuffle again because it forgot.

Sometimes, it actually works... and when it does, I can use it for hours until the car is shut off again. It has a working mode, but it screws up royally most of the time.

I've tried 8GB Sandisk and Lexar drives, 8GB and 2GB Kingstons, a 512MB generic... all formatted in Windows' default FAT32 setting. I have also run scandisk countless times to make sure the filesystem isn't corrupted (never was on any of them.) It fails the same way with all of them. I've tried it from -30C to 30C. It seems to have nothing to do with shaking or bumps in the road, so it may not be a loose connection. I've taken it to the dealership, and while it hits me 2 out of 3 times at least, they couldn't reproduce it and I don't want to play glitch roulette taking it in again and again hoping they don't charge me for what should be warranty work...

So has anyone else found this with their USB port? I was kinda hoping when I dropped over 30k on a new car that it could at least outdo a $10 MP3 player but this is really driving me crazy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine works fine with all different USBs with different formats, but I have a 2011. What year is your car? Could be a software issue and may need an update.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
weird, never had any issues with my usb drive...
I would raise hell at the dealer and demand that you fix it.

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
2010 infinity navi system here.

Works perfectly every time. I haven't had a single glitch from the stereo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine works fine with all different USBs with different formats, but I have a 2011. What year is your car? Could be a software issue and may need an update.
Mine's a 2010 Canadian 2.0T GT (no navi,) but they checked and told me there is no update for the stereo yet. I had them check when I brought it in to fix the high RPM hang glitch in the ECU.

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. There must be a loose connection somewhere or something... but that doesn't follow since when it works, it works forever, and when it doesn't work, sometimes rebooting the car fixes it!

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
I've only had that problem when it's cold out (below freezing)

·
Acqua Minerale Blue
26 Posts
Its probably your radio. Mine did this until I made some videos of it glitching out and showed them to the dealership. They replaced the radio and its working fine now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its probably your radio. Mine did this until I made some videos of it glitching out and showed them to the dealership. They replaced the radio and its working fine now. Radio Glitches
Thanks. 2/3 of those are just like on my stereo too. I will compile some video and bring it in to them since it seems this really isn't common.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts