Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started today randomly... When you go all the way left, there's no Resistance and "pop" over to the gate, and when pushing up it goes to First. All other gears work. Has a CC Stage 2 Clutch/Flywheel and a Exeddy TOB. 83k miles on the trans... any ideas?

·
Registered
116 Posts
You're going to need to get under it and look at the shift-rod linkage. Only time I had that happen was the nut backed itself out on the bolt that connected the bottom end of the shifter to the linkage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're going to need to get under it and look at the shift-rod linkage. Only time I had that happen was the nut backed itself out on the bolt that connected the bottom end of the shifter to the linkage.
Wouldn't that cause the car to not shift at all? All gears work except Reverse. I can drive it all day long in 1-6

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wouldn't that cause the car to not shift at all? All gears work except Reverse. I can drive it all day long in 1-6
No because the nut is actually just physically stopping you from going all the way over. If that is it as well You might want to check it asap, if you lose it and that pin falls out you'll have no control of the tranny all at, your gear shifter becomes a paperweight.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have replaced the shifter with a short throw... are you referring to the pin that goes through the fork of the linkage? If so, mine has a bolt going through.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bolt, pin...whichever lol. It's early and I haven't had enough coffee. But yes that bolt/nut combo.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have replaced the shifter with a short throw... are you referring to the pin that goes through the fork of the linkage? If so, mine has a bolt going through.
HEY so did you end up fixing the issue? was the bolt/nut combo the issue? i bought a modified used 13' 3.8 manual back in Dec and now I'm having the issue, it also has a coolerworx short shifter. im having the reverse issue and just last week after I came back from the movies I started the car 1-6 gears won't work, turned the car off then back on and everything worked fine. Then happened again randomly at a red light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts