Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been looking to get two pairs (2 on each side) of LED rings for my '13 3.8GT.

I'm currently contemplating either multicolor angel eyes or white switchback halos, both from Diode Dynamics. They're both the same price so that's not an issue.

While the multicolor feature does seem appealing, I believe there isn't a solid white color AND it's not as bright as the 6000K Halos, is that right? Not even sure if Texas allows headlights that aren't white/amber either.

Also, when I do signal, do both lights blink amber? Or is that only one? In that case, it would mean I'd have to get one solid white and one white/amber?

·
Premium Member
16,121 Posts
there is a reason why most people don't put lights of the front of they cars other than white.

According to NHTSA having colored lights other than white and orange on the front of road vehicles is illegal.
Meaning if a cop wanted to, they can give you a fix-it ticket.

At the very least it's a distraction to other drivers. Having red and/or blue on the front is a big no no. At the very most in this case, can get fined for "impersonating" an emergency response vehicle.

This applies to north america, may apply to other countries.

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
I have the multicolor Halos over my low beams. I say go with just the white. It was a ***** trying to wire the remote module inside the car thru the firewall. And they is not a solid white color on it either. You can get pretty close to a 6K white tho

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the multicolor Halos over my low beams. I say go with just the white. It was a ***** trying to wire the remote module inside the car thru the firewall. And they is not a solid white color on it either. You can get pretty close to a 6K white tho
I ended up going with two white halos on each side. Is it possible to wire the lights so that they are both on all the time? Or at least one of them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ended up going with two white halos on each side. Is it possible to wire the lights so that they are both on all the time? Or at least one of them?
I have the white halos as well and love them. If you wire them to your parking lights they will be on with your DRL's if you have those, and will also be on when your headlights are on. I only have one per side, but I would imagine you could wire it like that for each pair so they would be on at the same time.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,432 Posts
The headlights I got have halos and I wired them to the 12v+ for the engine fan relays. Anytime the car is on they halos are on and when I shut the car off they stay on until I open the door or they timeout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts