1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Don't fake the funk
1,268 Posts
I like the wheel, looks to be a pretty high offset though.

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
38, so I'll be fine with the larger tires.
I would have preferred 35 but it's not too big of a difference.

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
Those offsets are a little high ,I have +22 offset and that just pokes out a little

·
Registered
769 Posts
You're definitely going to need spacers unless you like to sunken-in factory look as these will be nowhere close to being flush...even with wider tires. +38 is really high for the width you selected and if you drop the car, it's going to sink in even more. You will need at least a 15mm spacer to get it flush.

I'm sitting on 20x9 +25 255/30 & 20x10.5 +30 285/30 and I sit perfectly flush just inside the fender with a drop sitting right above the tire.

With your offset, your stance in the rear is going to look similar to this...possibly worse. This owner is looking into spacers and I recommend the same for your setup if you want it flush.

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not a big fan of the flush looks.

I'm perfectly fine with 38 (I did my homework beforehand ;) ):

Front I'll have 16mm less inner clearance (which is fine with 245's) and 10mm extra outter extension.
Rear I'll have 22mm less inner clearance and 16mm extra outter extension.

Again, I would have preferred stock offset (or anything between 35 down to 30 max) but 38 is definitely within my tolerance. I have no complaints about stock stance, a matter of taste I guess.

I'll post pics when everything is on.

·
I miss my Genesis.
209 Posts
^CarNut, do you have any pics of the front wheels? Also, are you lowered at all? I'm looking into a setup very close to that sizing (9" width, 255 tire, +23, but I'd love to see yours at +25). Thanks ahead of time!

And to the OP, those are nice. Clearly, you've done your homework on how far they'll sit out, as compared to stock...any way you slice it, I think it'll look great. Plus, it leaves you plenty of room to run massively beefy tires :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
^CarNut, do you have any pics of the front wheels? Also, are you lowered at all? I'm looking into a setup very close to that sizing (9" width, 255 tire, +23, but I'd love to see yours at +25). Thanks ahead of time!

And to the OP, those are nice. Clearly, you've done your homework on how far they'll sit out, as compared to stock...any way you slice it, I think it'll look great. Plus, it leaves you plenty of room to run massively beefy tires :)
I actually refrain from posting pics of my car on the internet. I've seen too many people post pics only to get upset at the other people making unfavorable comments so I avoid this situation altogether. I will post sometimes and remove shortly thereafter to prove a point.

I can tell you that I did have a 3mm spacer on the front, making it +22 and it was slightly more flush (still not poking out though) and required a little more camber to avoid rubbing on the fender when I hit moderate dips. My front camber is -1 right now which is where I prefer. You should be perfect with a +22 or +23 on a 255 with a -1.5 camber....and -1.5 is not bad at all. Adjust the toe accordingly and tire wear will almost be factory. Keep in mind that I'm lowered right on top of the tire, so when I do have my car jacked up to around stock height, there is a poke.

·
U wot M8
1,908 Posts
man, 8.5" +38 is cutting inner clearance really close.

have you test fit with some kind of load? it may fit static but the suspension is going to camber in naturally under compression.

even brake clearance looks like it is going to be close

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

That's EXACTLY right. You do what YOU like - at the end of the day, it's your car and you have to drive it.

Good luck with the new set!! Can't wait to see pics!
Thanks ;)
I'll post pics. We'll see but it should give the Brembo calipers more space compared to the 18 stockers, so that alone is worth it for the looks LOL

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I'm going to stage 4 with internals and all, so these 275 at the back won't be too much I think. And the AD08 are supposed to be sticky enough to get the power to the ground :)

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
man, 8.5" +38 is cutting inner clearance really close.

have you test fit with some kind of load? it may fit static but the suspension is going to camber in naturally under compression.

even brake clearance looks like it is going to be close
Yes it will be close, which is why I didn't go 255 at the front. I think it will be fine, there is only one way to know... And as it was said, spacers could still save my life in case of problems ;)
Brakes will be fine. We'll see for the strut, you'll know soon enough.

·
U wot M8
1,908 Posts
i can tell you 100% i couldn't put those wheels (no matter what tire size) on my own car without hitting the strut, but i have coils and camber bolts.

so you might want some 5mm laying around to be safe.

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I am just on a pro plus kit. I'll put the tires on and will see if it fits or not. Otherwise, I'll stay on the 18's until I get spacers. I think the clearance will be tight but it should work. As you say, we're talking about millimeters here. So 5 mm spacers in the front, why not... but I'm trying first :)

I'm not 100% sure but I think I read someplace that front wheels were 22mm from the fender and 22mm from the strut. If I get 16mm closer to the strut, I still have 6mm extra... that should do considering the lowering.

Rears are not an issue, still plenty of clearance.

I should be 12mm from the fender at the front (vs. 22 stock) and 10mm from the fender at the rear (vs. 26 stock), so that will surely look good enough for me.

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So she got her new shoes:

Front strut clearance (works perfect, my calculations were right):

Rear strut clearance (I was not worried about this one):

For your enjoyment:

I should have done this before, I love it!

Quick walk around:

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! I wouldn't mind 5 mm spacers I think. 10 would probably be too much for my taste though. However, there's a good chance (90%+) it will stay like this.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Looks good man!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts