Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today four boxes showed up at my door and they were my Avant Garde M550s (19x8.5 +20 19X9.5 +20). This is my first set of aftermarket wheels ever, so I am very very very excited :D. They are more beautiful than I could have imagined! Classy, clean, and not ridiculous. I wanted wheels that looked like they could have almost been stock on the Gen.

Sorry about the pic quality. It was the best I could do under the lighting situation.

I ordered them from GetYourWheels, a site recommended to me by another forum member. I dealt with Eric the entire time and he had excellent customer service, even responding to after hours emails (midnight+) instantly! I had lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of questions, originally about Forgestar F14s, but, throughout the process, ending up with the M550s after seeing ScottChu's and finding out they now come in +20 all around. I freaked out today when I saw the invoice attached to a box and saw that it said the 9.5s were 66.1. I contacted Eric right away through their online chat and he told me they had already bored them out and provided hub centric rings. Another example of their excellent service.

I still have yet to decide on lugs as I don't particularly like the black ones that came with them. Black lugs + Gray wheels + White car=:confused: I was thinking possibly some blue mutekis but I'm not sure yet. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

More pics will follow when they get mounted. It may be a week or two if this snow keeps up :mad:. I am also going to get the car detailed so it should be nice and shiny :D.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice! I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels...but those look nice!

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I appreciate it :D. I'm not a fan of wheels that are too flashy as I'm not Bishop Don Magic Juan. And like I said, I wanted classy and clean and I feel like these fit the description perfectly.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called the dealer I bought the car from today to see if they would do the mounting and balancing (I have $400 free service from them due to lots of f**k ups when purchasing the car). They told me that they could not do it because they are an authorized Hyundai shop and that the tires would throw the speedo off...

I am hopefully going this week to one of the tire places around here. I called around and $20 a wheel was the best I found. If it doesn't snow, expect pics by Saturday-ish :D.

·
Break Necks - Kill Egos
673 Posts
In for pics.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Your speedo will not be too off if you stick to close to plus 1 spec's I think those are or really close.

As for tire shops most don't give a crap, find one that does and is careful even if you spend a little more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your speedo will not be too off if you stick to close to plus 1 spec's I think those are or really close.

As for tire shops most don't give a crap, find one that does and is careful even if you spend a little more.
I agree...I stopped using cheaper shops for anything...it saves money in the short term but the long term...not so good.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
They look great! I can't wait to see them on the car!

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems like it is going to snow next week :(. I may have to delay the install... We shall see.

·
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
829 Posts
Hey, congrats on the new wheels MSG!!! You will likey and get mucho compliments. Get them bad boys mounted and balanced asap lol :)

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wheels are going on at 10am :D pics will follow. And I know I will need moar low, that will happen eventually.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The wheels are with the car getting installed. We are driving to another discount tire to get a tpms because my local one only had 3. I didn't want any tpms but I had to bring my 60 year old mother who knows nothing about wheels with because she has a van and she guilt tripped (like good jewish mothers always do) me into getting them. An $80 mount and balance has become a $350 transaction ><. No more mods for a while :(. Pictures as soon as we get back to the shop and the 4th wheel gets installed.

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Wheels are on! Here are the pics as promised :D. I will be taking some more later this week with my SLR, so I apologize for the cellphone junk. At the shop, there was a red corvette with some custom 3 piece forged yellow wheels, not sure what brand, getting a tire change and all the young dudes ignored him and were asking about my car/wheels :D. I also asked them about a shop to get springs/coils installed, so I finally have a place to go for that in the up and coming months.

I'd like to thank Scott Chu for making these wheels look so good on his car, which influenced my purchase. I would like to thank GetYourWheels for excellent sales and customer service. And I'd like to thank discount tire for their excellent and high quality service.
Overall this has been an excellent first aftermarket wheel experience.

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the 10-12 sensor works on the 13? I had to bring the car back because apparently they installed the sensor for the sedan and it isnt working obviously...

Edit: Nevermind. I called the dealership and they said it should work. The programming machine is dead, so I am waiting for it to charge. If this doesnt work im not sure what im going to do

Edit: Got the sensors up and running. I was there from 10am until about 3pm >< but they did give me $10 for gas as I had to drive to the other store to get what ended up being the wrong sensors.

·
&#4314;(&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#4314;)
829 Posts
Lookin' seksayyyy!!!! Now for some coilies :)

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:D I love them more than I thought I would and I knew I was going to love them. The day ran me $350 so coilies/springs will have to wait a little bit, hopefully in June-ish. I am still deciding between the two due to the winters here. I've never had to maintain anything of that sort before. I also really want an exhuast ><

1 - 20 of 42 Posts