Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between a GC and a 2011 Turbo Sonata....

I live in a somewhat-chilly climate. I grew up in a WORSE climate (and drove a 68 Chevelle in said clime).

I test drove both the GC and the Turbo Sonata.

I can understand the function and all of the Sonata, but the GC just KILLED me.

I can get a GC pretty cheap used. Or I can buy a Turbo Sonata for around 25k OTD....

What do I do?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Do you have a family? Wife? Kids? Do you need 4 doors? Do you need the comfort and room of a sedan? Sonata

You dont have a family? No wife? No kids? You dont need 4 doors? You dont need the comfort and room of a sedan? Gc

Lol

Also remember the gc is due to change a bit in 2012... Cosmetic and probably power wise

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i DO have a family. and the kiddo seemed to like the backseat of the GC compared to the camaro and mustang.

I'm just thinking this'll be my last chance at a fun car....

Is it worth it to get the GC? Or will I have as much fun and get as much worthwhileness with the Sonata Turbo?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Back seats in the gc are not fun at all! I dont recomend anyone over 5' sitting there for more than 10 mins. Two doors irritate me sometimes (coming from a matix). If you plan on upgrading in 2-3 years when the kid gets older and getting a sedan then go for it! Tell the wifey to buy a mini van for herself ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
i DO have a family. and the kiddo seemed to like the backseat of the GC compared to the camaro and mustang.

Is it worth it to get the GC? Or will I have as much fun and get as much worthwhileness with the Sonata Turbo?
Back seats in the gc are not fun at all!
Dont think a "kiddo" might be over 5 feet lol

Get the GC!!! You wont regret it

·
Banned
1,099 Posts

If you don't have to deal with child seats, or might have to later, I would suggest against the GC. If you have a second car already, the child seat probably doesn't matter as much as with a single vehicle.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Wait for the 12's if u get a gc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts