Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Clyde I was recently in a passenger side T-Bone accident in my 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 6 Speed.. it has the 3.8 engine in it and I went and picked it up out of impound tonight and when I went to drive it home it would not rev up past 2 or 3 Grand and it would not accelerate over 40 miles per hour I was shifting gears like normal and it would not accelerate almost at all... I had to shift through all of the gears( first through sixth) just to get it to accelerate up to 40 miles an hour !!!does anybody know what could possibly be wrong with my car? Just note that before the accident there was absolutely nothing wrong with my car it performed perfectly

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
its when the engine pulls ignition timing and sets a low max RPM limit to prevent damage due to a suspected problem. Using an OBD2 Scan Tool, the ECU can be read for faults which should help determine why the car is in limp mode.

Again, there's no way for anyone here to diagnose why your car is doing it - take it to a dealership or trusted shop that can read the code and give you advice. Internet Forum Mechanics like us will just be sending you useless guesses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts