Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, I've been on this forum for quite a while, posting here and there, and am always curious on the coupes with the most miles/kms. I've had my Silverstone 2012 2.0T (6spd) since new (187 km on it), and have well really racked them up lol. I'm now at 163,000 and still feels like new. Other than a K&N drop-in, the ATQ rigid collars, LED door sills, new badging and an aluminum ball shift knob she's basically stock. The only issue I've had was the steering wheel was replaced for peeling leather, and a replacement end link for the front driver's side suspension. I've had the front bumper replaced and hood repainted due to damage from our lovely Canadian winters lol. The one irritant is that my driver's seat is loose somewhere and I cannot figure where...an I've had the seats out multiple times. It's been a fantastic car, and I've truly loved her from day one. Next spring, hopefully exhaust and intake finally! Oh and tires...short shifter....sigh...

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Not bad!

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,707 Posts
I only have 113k miles on mine. it just keeps running better though. Gas mileage keeps going up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got 118K miles so that comes to 191K kilometers.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
763 Posts
I've got 114,000 miles on my 3.8 Looks and runs like new. Honestly though, the dealer put an engine in mine at 82,500 miles. # 6 cylinder lost some rings in the original.

Reactions: GenC35

·
Registered
5 Posts
You all should look at my 0-60 run and compare it yours to see if these cars typically lose power as they increase in mileage.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
763 Posts
Looks good. Did you time it? I'm not awake enough yet to time it from your video.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
763 Posts
All cars will lose some HP after some years and miles. It just happens. they all do it.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
763 Posts
I'm getting 5.2 but in all fairness, I have a relatively new engine. Also a cold air intake, and a catback. 5.5 isn't bad of course, especially considering your mileage. I also have the ZF Trans, which is faster than a manual, since no shifting time losses, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 125k 2013 genny 2.0T. Is your set up have oil catch can in it? Just wondering if its a must have to have a high mile like yours.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's some very informative reading about the PCV system and how catch cans help. Basically, if you race the car every day and are always hot rodding around, you most definitely need catch cans.

I just read it. But it did not answer my question lol. If my car has a lot of carbon valve deposits. Will installing a catch can can eventually clean my valves? Or it’s gonna be the same?

·
Registered
326 Posts
You will need to use this to get the carbon off the valves, good thing the 2.0T BK2's aren't Direct Injection like the 3.8 BK2's, those things need the Seafoam Cleaner every 10K miles or so:

·
Advenio Pariter
3,859 Posts
Over 130k miles. She turns 10 this December 27. The flex joint in the front pipe blew-out a while back, so last week I replaced it with an OEM replacement pipe. Thank God for penetrating oil and an impact wrench. Back to the normal sound now. My Stealth blew-out the flex joint at about the same mileage. I think tomorrow evening I will start my annual detailing.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
763 Posts
I hit 115,000 miles two days ago. Time marches on!

·
Registered
5 Posts
WOW! This is good to hear!. I have a 2013 3.8 Track with only 35K miles so far. The car is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Yea it’s cool. If your looking For Japanese Quality in a car, longevity wise, look elsewhere. Once you get into really high miles like mine, you may run into quality issues With the preciseness of the manner in which the engine was built and it’s components.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts