Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used CG I bought had wing emblem pre-installed but the center badge was faded out. After much searching, I found one at Importshark for $17 + free shipping for two (Front and Back).

Price: $17 + free shipping + no tax (NYC)

Shipping: Ordered on 3/6 and received today, 3/11.

Packaging: fairly large yellow envelop (~ 4 x 7 inch) with bubbles in them. Supposedly, they were packed in a spongy wrapping but mine was just rolling around in the envelop freely. No damage done to the emblem.

Pictures:
Front Emblem badge change

Cleaned it with acetone

Rear Emblem badge change

Cleaned here with acetone again

Complaint: My only complaint for this product is the size. It does not fit into the previous slot tightly. It seems that there's space left over on the top, left and right sides. If I wiggle it a bit, it moves. Plenty of room left to move but It wont unless I forcefully move them. Although they are not visible from distance, it is very visible when observing them at a close distance. I was thinking about requesting for replacement.

Verdict: I would recommend it for those who have severely worn out badges and want to replace them at a cheap price. Not sure if all of their GC badges are smaller than they should but if you dont mind, go ahead.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Damn, looks like cataracts for the emblems haha.

How long did it take until those badges yellowed like that? I've had mine for nearly a year now and they're still crisp and clean.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was like that when I bought used GC. Since it's 2010 model and assuming that previous owner installed it soon after the purchase, 2 years I guess.

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
Mine turned yellow in less than a year. Looks nice though good purchase.

Heres my solution...;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is odd, as they are all the same size we just order extra centers to be used as replacements. Take a close up and send them to my Personal Email [email protected] so I can get that swapped out for you.
Overall quality is fantastic. Just to be sure I even melted the glue a bit with hair dryer and stuck it to the center. After the glue solidified, it was fine even in the rain and windy weather today.It just has more room left. It's night here so I will take the pictures tomorrow morning and send them over to you.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Maybe it has to do with the weather for where people live, i havent had a problem yet.
Probably does. I had to replace mine in the first nine months I think it was because it faded and then fell off.

Replacement one has been on for a long time now with no problem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably does. I had to replace mine in the first nine months I think it was because it faded and then fell off.

Replacement one has been on for a long time now with no problem.
How was the fitting for your badge? Does it fit edge to edge or are there spaces like mine?

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
Jason, I had asked Mike about this a while back, but can't find where I did so; Is the a still 3m, or did it switch? Mine is still trucking along just fine, but I see more and more people with adhesion problems.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I will check my email server, but in the meantime would like me to replace that one ?

And land yea they are 3m, seems that this center piece was a half a cm short which the customer wants switched out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will check my email server, but in the meantime would like me to replace that one ?

And land yea they are 3m, seems that this center piece was a half a cm short which the customer wants switched out.
Yes please and as for the adhesive, mine went through weekly snow as well as rain but the adhesive is still good. Even using my nails it wont come off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts