Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm not bashing a company or their quality, I'm just sharing what I discovered today.

About 2 days ago, I noticed my CPE Exhaust rattling. I kept saying I'll check it tomorrow but I work at a steakhouse and this weekend was crazy.

I finally checked today and this what I found...

I have not run over anything just done some aggressive driving. I have no idea how this happened. I will be contacting CPE to see whats up.

I just noticed the rattling 2 days ago, but the muffler look burned and like its been happening for awhile :(

I just don't want my exhaust to fall off while I'm driving :( This is my daily and I'll look pretty mexican... (I'm mexican American). Maybe I should use some duct tape for now :) Its in my heritage to use it for everything lol.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
haha, im married to a mexican..i make jokes all the time and she gets mad at me ...but its a love hate relationship(I love her, she hates me)...you are CLEARED HOT for the duct tape!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pmed them. I will see what happens.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
It's alright. I did a Mexican fix on my bumper....zip ties!

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Obviously a defective weld. Definitely no duct tape, the heat will burn it up. Use a hanger. That black residue around the opening is the carbon that builds up normally on the exhaust tips.

Luckily, it's not that hard of a fix, I would definitely let CPE know. Perhaps they will replace it. It's definitely a worksmanship defect.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
All fair love and war. Like what the guy above me said. It's a manufacture defect. Have them honor their warranty and get it replaced. Unless you've had it for over a year. Then go get it welded.

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
don't you knwo? JB weld is the new duct tape lol.

Yeah, take it to a muffler shop. Prob charge you like $25~$50.
Make sure you ask them to weld it with SS line. :p

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
a $1200 exhuast popping a weld in only a year is completely unacceptable.
They should replace the unit outright as the other welds are now also suspect.

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
Went through the warranty process with CP-E, and just got the run around. Mine started to rust after 3 months on the car. They tried to tell me that the photos I sent them was just dirt or road grime. Will not buy another one when I replace it.

·
'11 R-SPEC & '95 S14
205 Posts

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
I won't bash a company I don't have experience through, but with the cost of the product, and preaching about all the R&D and high quality of their products, they should stand behind their claims and honor the replacement of the exhaust, since it's a clear issue with worksmanship. OR at least reimburse you for getting it re-welded locally.

If they don't offer a resolution, well that sets the tone with the warranty/customer service.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
completely agreed.

·
Back to Stock!!
952 Posts
Worksmanship isn't the issue. The wall thckness in the muffler wasn't enough and it fatigued. Guess that specific weld location wasn't considered in the design for manufacture

1 - 20 of 71 Posts