Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 R-spec 2.0T is two months old and it has given me nothing but issues.

And just recently, to top if off, my radio screen decided to go out all of a sudden.

I was driving on the highway, at which point i decided to change music, so i did.
And I noticed that there was no change in the screen.
The light was still on, but it was still showing the info of the previous track (the screen has frozen) even though the next music was playing.

And after about 5 seconds, the screen turned off,
no light, no letters, nothing. but everything else works flawlessly.

This is pissing me off, I bought a new car to avoid little problems like this.
On a brand new car, I am having differential noise issue, 3 different kinds of constant creaking noise, 3 different kinds of engine rattle issue (not the regular 2.0T rattling noise), and now this new radio screen one.

I'm seriously thinking of just trading her in for something else. Should have got a Japanese car in the first place such as the BRZ. This was my first Hyundai and it will be my last

·
Must Resist Modding
525 Posts
My 2013 R-spec 2.0T is two months old and it has given me nothing but issues.

And just recently, to top if off, my radio screen decided to go out all of a sudden.

I was driving on the highway, at which point i decided to change music, so i did.
And I noticed that there was no change in the screen.
The light was still on, but it was still showing the info of the previous track (the screen has frozen) even though the next music was playing.

And after about 5 seconds, the screen turned off,
no light, no letters, nothing. but everything else works flawlessly.

This is pissing me off, I bought a new car to avoid little problems like this.
On a brand new car, I am having differential noise issue, 3 different kinds of constant creaking noise, 3 different kinds of engine rattle issue (not the regular 2.0T rattling noise), and now this new radio screen one.

I'm seriously thinking of just trading her in for something else. Should have got a Japanese car in the first place such as the BRZ. This was my first Hyundai and it will be my last
Sorry to hear about your pboelms... Have you been to the dealer for a looksy? Be persistent, involve corporate if needed - they should help you out with all of the issues described

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE:

I thought that this issue could be related to the fuses.

So I pulled the following fuses: Memory 1, Memory 2, and Audio.
All the fuses were still intact,
So I re-inserted all the fuses back in and turned off and on the fuse switch (inside the driver side fuse box).
I did all this with the key in the "ignition" position so that it gets resetted properly as I remove and replug the fuses

And now the screen is working like new.
We will see if this will fix the issue permanently.

I'm still wondering what went wrong in the first place since all the fuses were ok

Thanks for your input Alt0id

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
Probably a timer fault most likely. The screen is controlled by CAN, sh*t can happen and it doens't take much to f*ck it up. Small glitch more than likely.

·
A dude with a towel
27 Posts
I doubt this helps you much, but I test drove a 2.0T R-Spec and it did the same thing without me pressing any buttons. Was just driving along, downshifted and the screen went blank. At that point it was dead and wouldn't respond to anything. The salesguy was with me, so he clearly saw that it wasn't anything I did. Fortunately, if it's happening on multiple vehicles, there will likely be an update for it soon.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Should have got a Japanese car in the first place such as the BRZ. This was my first Hyundai and it will be my last
Sorry that you are having such issues with your car, but be glad you didn't get a BRZ..

I got a FR-S, returned it, then a buddy of mine got one, his has been in the dealership shop for over 2 months since he got it. Has had: heads, transmission, and ecu all replaced in that time.

They gave him a free extended warranty as a "sorry for your problems" :p

Not saying they are all that bad, but do check out the Recall/TSB section of their forum: Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry but i dont understand it when people post problems they are having with the car, do our cars not have a 100k warrenty? Just take it tobthe dealership and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've been to the dealership oh so many times due to irregular issues with my new car.
I would like to save a trip if possible

·
Registered
4 Posts
have a3.8 trac and the same issue, shame I lost warranty already.i have tries fuses, resets, anything..weird that it turns on sporadically when hot day , under the sun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 Genesis Radio Monitor died.

Dick Smith Auto in Greenville, S.C. says it cant be fixed. Need a new Monitor $4000.00 They didnt even check it out. They just knew it was bad. I beleive it is a defect for 2011,s since many other people seem to have had the same problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts