Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What up guys, havent been able to start my genny in a few weeks now,

Was taking my date home, when i pulled off on the side of the street to let her out, i turned on the AC the car began to sputter and then stalled.
Car sputtered back to life 2 more times before stalling back out.
Just cranks wont turn over now. had to catch a tow home

The gas light at the time had just come on,
I normally put extra and premium in my tank
i've put gas in since and the float when up to 135miles
Taco goes up to 200 when trying to start so i think CPS is good,
Cranks so the battery must be fine and toss alternator cause it wouldn't create a no start condition
I heard pump prime when turning the ignition on? but dont know if pressure is good or the injectors are working as expected.
if a coil were bad it would just run poorly no? whats the likely hood they all failed at once not likely
fuse seemed good, havent checked the relay fuse.

Am i safe to assume it is gas or air related since it stalled out the first time.
if the timing jumped, wouldn't it have been much more dramatic or cause the taco to go much higher when turning over?
where do i look next
how do i test the fuel pump from the top with just a multimeter since i dont have a fuel rail adapter and cant separate the lines because they just dont wanna come apart right now
car only has 73k miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did you try adding a gallon or two of gas?

Timing on the 2L when it jumps is the intake cam chain skipping.
Sure did, around 5 gallons of prem, usually from Exxon
Range tracker is at 135 as i mentioned,

I dont think its the timing because it stalled, and correct me if im wrong, if timing jumped i would have heard something the moment it happened or it would have died immediately or caused catastrophic damage if it continued to run and the engine wouldn't have even started again let alone twice despite stalling again seconds later

edit: after further research it seems i cant even rule that out as even the chain stretches

1 - 3 of 3 Posts