Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I hit something that fell off a truck and I need to replace my front bumper! I'd rather not pay the 550 the dealer wants. Any suggestions on where to procure one?

·
1stgengen
4,544 Posts
Are you looking for aftermarket or OEM replacement?

Personally, unless you can find an aftermarket bumper in polyurethane then just go OEM. I'm not sure where you can get original parts for less than dealer prices unfortunately.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
1stgengen
4,544 Posts
I suppose the car has been around for a while that you could find some at salvage yards or like you said, on Kijiji. Just depends on what condition its in.

·
Aztec Bronze
721 Posts
My new bumper will be going on in a few weeks. May look at posting it up for sale to make some space if the price is right. PM me if your interested. Its Bathurst black so you will need to repaint.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,190 Posts
^ If he doesn't go for yours in the end, keep me posted, my front bumper has gone to hell, and to paint and repair it, pretty much costs the same as getting a new one and painting it... I wouldn't mind just picking up a used bumper as long as it's not all beat up like mine.

·
Aztec Bronze
721 Posts
^ If he doesn't go for yours in the end, keep me posted, my front bumper has gone to hell, and to paint and repair it, pretty much costs the same as getting a new one and painting it... I wouldn't mind just picking up a used bumper as long as it's not all beat up like mine.
Sure, not a problem!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well if you two can use it as is. I'd rather it go to you then. If I have to paint one anyway I'd rather it not be one that two other people would buy immediately

·
Registered
369 Posts
funny thing is that ice fell off a truck and 'hit my car' . went through insurance and paid $300 comprehnsive deductibe. all fixed, with no fault and no insurance increase.

Was at the kids school parking lot and ran over a piece of ice....cracked my new bumper. It's going back to the shop for a new bumper and paint. I will be paying out of pocket this time. was quoted $550 for factory bumper + $500 for painting

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
check out rockauto.com ordered some parts off there very cheap and was here in 2 days.

Ive ordered a mirror for my dads ram that clipped mirrors with a tic bus. Also got oil filters and brake parts from there. Nothing for the genny yet but they are extremely well priced. Some items ship within canada so no duties or brokerages.

Front bumpers shows $152

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
shipping is more then the bumper
i guess its not stocked canadian side....the other place to try is extremeparts.ca

they are at 4000 steeles west

·
Vendor
2,116 Posts
i guess its not stocked canadian side....the other place to try is extremeparts.ca

they are at 4000 steeles west
I've ordered so much stuff from Rock Auto, not once has it ever come from Canada. I think all their warehouses are in the US.

Their shipping is kinda expensive, but it's really not that bad, especially when you order a bunch of items. They include all the taxes and any duty so you don't pay anything when it gets to your door. It just shows up, and FedEx is pretty fast and their tracking is good. Not like UPS which sticks you with the COD fee when you get it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts