Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have tried everything I can think of while trying to install my O2 housing and it has been a bust. I cannot for the life of me get the bolt off on the bottom left (when looking at it from the engine bay) the one with the stud facing the opposite way of all the others.I have soaked the nut in 50/50 mixture of ATF and Acetone. I don't want to hear "PB blaster works wonders" because ATF/Acentone literally works 4 times better look at the study if you are curious. I have tried a wrench on the end of the nut from inside the engine bay no luck, couldn't get enough torque due to clearance. I removed my intake, used a 3/4in deep socket with 6in extension along with a foot of metal piping on the end of the ratchet no luck. (1/2in doesn't fit its too thick and hits the bottom of the turbo angling the extension and not being able to get on the nut). I am out of ideas and have no idea what I can do from this point I am hoping someone has some miracle trick to solve this big PITA.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
What are you trying to do?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the stock O2 housing. I can't get the bottom left nut loose (the one that faces the other way from all the other studs)

·
Registered
65 Posts
stupid question time!!! Are you pulling down toward the ground (laying under car) or pushing up? Also, I took mine off with just PB blaster and a wrench. It sucked but it can be done.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only been attempting it from inside the engine bay when I saw the location I didn't even think about giving it a shot from underneath the car. Were you able to get it from underneath?!?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've only been attempting it from inside the engine bay when I saw the location I didn't even think about giving it a shot from underneath the car. Were you able to get it from underneath?!?
OH yeah! Underneath was the easiest to get it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bunch. I'll try it in probably 2 weeks. This is probably my last option so I hope it works.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks a bunch. I'll try it in probably 2 weeks. This is probably my last option so I hope it works.
Did you do it with the downpipe on or off?
I took that thing off. The less that is in the way helps a bunch. BTW, i looked up you mixture for instead of PB. That's pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much idk why I asked if I had to take the downpipe off I obviously do in order to get the housing off anyway lol. Give the mixture a try it works like magic and more cost effective than buying your own PB or liquid wrench. Home Depot sells a quart of acetone for like $3. ATF can be found anywhere.

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
It's easier/faster to just unbolt the whole manifold/turbo/o2 housing off the engine and work on it on a bench.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It's easier/faster to just unbolt the whole manifold/turbo/o2 housing off the engine and work on it on a bench.
Doubling up on this. If you dick around from the engine bay or underneath you still won't have decent clearance for properly torquing bolts and what not.

Pulling the manifold, although it's a slight pain is certainly the best option.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll most likely just pull the manifold off. I'll do this when classes end for the semester. Is there a torque rating for the bolts on the manifold?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doubling up on this. If you dick around from the engine bay or underneath you still won't have decent clearance for properly torquing bolts and what not.

Pulling the manifold, although it's a slight pain is certainly the best option.
Any tips on taking it off? Or just unbolt the ****er and pull everything out with it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts