Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be moving to TO next month and i need to redo a safety i guess?:(
my question is that i have CAI, Catback exhaust and Cat delete on my car right now.
do i have to take it off for safety or should i just leave it on?

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Nope You can leave it on :). Are you reQuired to get an emissions test? If so I'd throw the CAT back on just for the test then yank it back off!

Andrew

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
+1 to what Andrew said. None of those should pose to be a safety issue,

but I would definitely put the Cat back on if you are going to be having an e-test done..

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
I don't know about transferring ownership...

However, when I Moved from BC to Ontario and needed to get new registration I did NOT need to have my car e-tested, only safetied.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not to jack this thread, but i am going to be driving from Victoria to Halifax in a few weeks.

How does this car handle in snow/deep snow/ice condidtions??? (i used to drive a pontiac G5 and that thing was like a little tank)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Not to jack this thread, but i am going to be driving from Victoria to Halifax in a few weeks.

How does this car handle in snow/deep snow/ice condidtions??? (i used to drive a pontiac G5 and that thing was like a little tank)
If you have the right tires, you will be fine as long as you drive according to the conditions. For deep snow, if you're already moving there's no problem. The only problem could be when starting from a stop. (May need to reverse back a bit or turn tcs off if stuck)

·
Registered
48 Posts
i was quoted 1,835.30$ for a stock replacement set.

or 1,313.66 for a wheel and tire package. note: package wheels are 215/50R17s (a 1.987% change)

which would people suggest??

i tend to spare no expense when it comes to winter safety. if my shoes cost more than tires ttheres a problem

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
You do realize that you can probably find a set of 17" steels right? They're ugly as sin but you'll save a ton as opposed to going with Alloys.

Also, your winter tires right now might end up being more expensive than if you were to purchase them in August/September. A lot of places will need to order them in (ie: special order) and they love marking that stuff up.

Went to try to get a set of Gislaved winters for an Outback, they ended up being 178$/tire as opposed to $120-140

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
I paid $1200 for a set of 17's from Goodyear tire... only problem is I think the tires are too thin, or something with the differential... as the traction control does not stop coming on while I'm turning corners while there is snow on the ground. Pain the ass, and really annoying...cannot wait to put my summers back on, and get my new exhaust and intake put on :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
i got the 17's (thank you CANEX [for those that done know its the military equivalent to walmart])

they look "ok" and make the wheel well ugly as all hell. but according to the dealer the tires are really good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts