Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today , my front tire got punctual and I have to change the tire .I put a spare tire on my Gen but I confused about TPMS and LOW TIRE PRESSURE indicators because after I changed the tire ,there are no TPMS and Low tire pressure indicators. Is it possible ? Is it normal or something wrong with my genesis ?
thank you in advance.

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
Ok, I could be misreading what you are typing.....

If you replaced your wheel with your spare the light would stay on. This is because there is no TPM sensor in the spare. I think the lack of a sensor would throw the same error. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure you can't have 3 out of 4 sensors...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I could be misreading what you are typing.....

If you replaced your wheel with your spare the light would stay on. This is because there is no TPMS sensor in the spare. I think the lack of a sensor would throw the same error. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure you can't have 3 out of 4 sensors...
Does every Genesis coupe in every country has TPMS and Low tire pressure sensors?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to know whether my tires have TPMS and Low tire pressure or not .Tomorrow,i will take a punctual tire to fix and i will know it has TPMS sensor or not .

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
ANY car built since 2008 available in the U.S has TPMS sensors from the factory as mandated by the U.S govt.

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they do. All gen coupes are built in korea

Cold weather conditions in Canada causes air presure to change a bit, and some time you need to let some air out to get traction in snow. Probably the reasoning why they don't have them.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
If I am not mistaken mine does not have TPMS (2010 2.0T manual base).

The premium package should have them.

And if you put the spare on after having a puncure on the actual tire, yes you will have that light come on, it's basically the car alerting you to an issue. But in your case: the spare does not have a sensor on it.

There's no need to have a place look for the sensor. If that light comes on in the first place, your vehicle has TPMS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts