Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I had my motor blow on me (shocker) at around 140xxx, anyways, I’ve decided to go the LS route, I’m leaning toward 5.3 with a 4l80e, custom driveshaft. I’ve never done an engine swap before nor do I have the tools space or time to do it myself so I’m going to have it done in a shop. I wanted to know if any of you guys could give me some pointers or advice before I go through with and hopefully answer some questions I have. I’m thinking of getting an engine and transmission from a junkyard with all the accessories, and the sikky swap kit, and the driveshaft fabricated to mount up to the4l80, is there any advantage to me getting an engine and transmission from a truck, Tahoe, or express van? Would it make more sense to go with an iron block if I’m planning on rebuilding with forged internals and boosting in the future? Will any LS fit in the gens engine bay? Sikky offers several different swap kits on there site, which and what parts should I go with to just have it operational again? And once I have the engine (assuming I can get all accessories), transmission and swap kit will that be everything I need to get it running? My main goal is to just have it be driveable for now, doesn’t have to make crazy dyno numbers until the future when I rebuild. Any other advice or information I should know before would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts