Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my catalytic converter, but I cannot use test pipes because I want to pass smog. Are there any alternate parts that are similar? I have a 2016 hyundai genesis coupe 3.8 Automatic

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can always get the 02 housing cat deletes. Just make sure that on the sensors that go "after the cat" you put the 02 sensor spacers. Ive done it on my previous cars. Even though they were honda, the 02 sensor spacers work the same way. Just make sure you know if you need the straight or elbow bent ones

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am looking to replace my catalytic converter, but I cannot use test pipes because I want to pass smog. Are there any alternate parts that are similar? I have a 2016 hyundai genesis coupe 3.8 Automatic
Changing out a cat is a pretty easy job. You could easily buy test pipes and then just swap your cat back in for smog. I don't live in a state with smog checks, but isn't it normally every 2 years? Spending an hour every 2 years wouldn't be a big deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I did not know it was easily replaceable until informed by friend, so that's what I am going to end up doing. I ordered ARK testpipes hopefully theyre good lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts