Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6, Auto. I just bought it this year, and I'm starting to experience minor problems with it.

1. There is a vibration/rumble in the steering wheel and brake. When I'm driving, the rumble is coming from the passenger side. When I drive more on the left side, the car rides smooth. When the car drives on the right, it's bumpy. I know it's not my CV Joint because it doesn't click or anything when I make turns. My friend suggests that it's the wheel bearing.. I'm thinking that it's time for an Alignment. Do you have any idea what it could be?

2. This next problem only happens after pulling off from a light. I drive the speed limit, and then I come to a complete stop. Once I let off the brake to accelerate again, my car jumps (feels like it's spitting) and the RPMs go up to 5-6, and then it's normal again. I'm thinking for this problem, I need a tune up, like change the spark plugs? I'm up-to-date with the oil change, new Air filter, new tires, good brakes. No Check Engine Light, the ABS light isn't on as well.

What could be causing these problems?

Thank You

·
2010 GC 3.8 Track 6MT
141 Posts
Reading your post, I find a number of issues that need to be clarified:
1) where are you located? (country) Do you drive on the left or right side of the road there?

2) driving on the left vs right side. What does that mean? Here in the USA I would think you are talking about the crown on a road. But if driving on the left side, you risk collision with oncoming traffic unless you're on a divided highway.

3) Does your car pull left or right when you drive hands off? If so, it may well need an alignment. It could also be a tire or suspension issue.

4) when you say you accelerate from a stop and the rpms just 5-6, do you mean 500-600 rpm increase or that it jumps up to 5000-6000 rpm?

5) does it idle at normal rpms in park or neutral?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@speedlever, thank you for replying! Firstly, I'm in Atlanta, GA. When I said driving left side/right side, I meant turns. When I reach a curve or turn in the road, if my car leans more left, it drives smooth. If my car leans more on the right side, it rides bumpy, there's a rumbling. When I take my hands off the wheel, I don't feel or see it pull left or right, it seems to drive pretty straight though it's a heavy car. It idle's perfectly when parked or in neutral, it stays normal between o-1.

I didn't know how to log back in so my apologies for replying late. Since posting, I've fixed the wheel bearing and got the car tuned up w/ NGK spark plugs. The rumbling/bumpiness is now gone, as fixing the wheel bearing took care of that issue. However, I still have issues with shifting.

Like I stated, it normally only occurs after stopping or slowing down. I come from a stop and accelerate, and the car will have problems shifting to 2-3 gear and the RPMs spike up until the car shifts, then it goes back to normal. The CEL came on but went right back off. I was wondering if it was an electrical issue? I know most people will say transmission but I don't ALWAYS have this problem every time I drive the car, sometimes it drives fine, and sometimes I'll notice that I'll have to reset the radio clock and colors to the car, as if the car had gone dead or something..? Which makes me feel this could be a different problem other than Transmission.

One thing I know for sure, is this car is sensitive and everything is connected together through automatic smart technology. When I first bought this car, I put low profile tires on it immediately. While driving on the highway, my car would literally accelerate by itself, even was trying to while my foot was on the brake at a stop! Everyone was telling me it was an Engine/Transmission problem. I went and changed the tires back to stock size, and I haven't had that problem since. Because I just replaced the wheel bearing, I know that it is time for an Alignment, as well as an oil change, but I have kept good care of my car since purchasing it earlier this year. Because I've had experiences with this car thinking it was a major issue when it was a simpler fix, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Redrasberry Thank You for replying. I recently updated my question by adding another post with updates on my car. I recently changed the wheel bearing, along with the spark plugs. The rumbling is gone. Took the car two days ago for routine oil change at local Firestone, ended up having to change all 4 rotors and all brake pads. Also got an alignment and tire rotation. Car rides completely smooth now, but it still doesn't shift as smooth as it used to..? It goes to all shifts without getting stuck now, but it's a little rough on takeoff....Sometimes goes between 2-3 RMPs before shifting, is that normal? Or should it stay between 1-2? (2010 3.8 V6 Auto)

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts