Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently blew my head gasket and replaced it in my driveway aswell as multiple maintenance parts along the way. I also replaced the turbo cartridge, but now I am getting compressor surge. My boost gauge is constantly reading 0psi, never going into negative pressure even at idle. At idle you can hear the turbo constantly spooling. The wastegate will not actuate, after releasing throttle the wastegate arm doesn't move at all, aswell as any positive pressure takes a very long time to dissipate. Does this have anything to do with the boost solenoid? And if so how could I test this? Picture incase I wired anything wrong you could point out. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,170 Posts
Sounds like you have your vacuum lines mixed up.

Check the vacuum lines coming from the intake manifold

·
Premium Member
15,170 Posts
I believe you have the check valve (green/white thing) and T backwards.

basically undo the T and check valve as one thing from the manifold and flip it it on the manifold.

(front of car) manifold nipple -> T -> green side of check valve, other side of check valve -> to the rear nipple on manifold

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you have the check valve (green/white thing) and T backwards.

basically undo the T and check valve as one thing from the manifold and flip it it on the manifold.

(front of car) manifold nipple -> T -> green side of check valve, other side of check valve -> to the rear nipple on manifold
Thank you so much man. I'm shell shocked that such a small issue caused this problem. You've just saved me a lot of trouble and I'm extremely appreciative. You have a blessed day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts