Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bummed, the emblem piece (black piece that says Genesis Coupe), not the entire piece fell of the car!

So, I just need the front black piece that says "Genesis Coupe", or an entire front badge along with the emblem.

A pic is attached to show what I am talking about. Its just the little piece that goes inside the chrome/plastic badge.

Let me know if you have an extra available, not willing to go an buy a whole new set for this one little piece. I remember some peeps had left over front badges when they installed grills.

Thx!

·
Breast Examiner
1,784 Posts
:D
PM Mike at Import Shark. He might be able to get them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
when you get the new one, don't forget to peel off the plastic on the back and actualy stick it to your emblem this time... it comes with double sided tape already applied to the "genesis coupe" part.. I've seen people do this before on this forum unfortunately :rofl:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ImportShark is hooking it up. nice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ImportShark is hooking it up. nice.
So ImportShark was able to help you out? I need to replace that part for both of my badges. I've had my badges on for over a year and half now, and the chrome part of the wings have held up just fine. The black piece, however, looks awful. I think water eventually got inside them.

·
Now with more psssht!
311 Posts
I need a new one too for the front. Had them on for about six months and my emblem/crest was already attached when I got the kit from a dealer. Noticed last week it was gone. I figure it's due to the cold weather and the touchless car washes blasting the front. Is there any kind of warranty with these kits? Looks like ImportShark is the place to go to.

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
i need one for too. .. the little thing is not shiny anymore...T.T

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Just so you guys know, I have replacement parts coming in very soon. If your center badge is getting discolored, tarnished, or fell off....I'll have these available within the next few weeks. Also available will be the "Art of Speed" backings and replacement 3M backing too.

·
Now with more psssht!
311 Posts
That's great news. I had tried your site to see what the pricing was but it was not responding yesterday. Let us know when they're available. Cheers!

·
Meaningless Text
93 Posts
Ive done a little searching today, didnt get a definitive answer... Where do I get one of these emblems?

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
I'm not too sure myself, but I believe you can get one from the vendor posting in this thread.

Silly question.

·
Explosively Canadian
290 Posts
Yes; ImportShark is the main dealer of those emblems. You can get official Genesis (not Coupe) logos from other dealers, but those require custom work on the trunk to fit in the badge area.

It's slightly more expensive at ARK.

Note that in either case the emblem is not an official emblem; it's aftermarket designed for the Coupe based on the original official Genesis sedan emblem. It is quite tasteful, though; the worst you'll have to look out for are Bentley and Aston Martin owners. ;-)

·
Now with more psssht!
311 Posts
Since there hasn't been any updates I went and took matters into my own hands. I was able to buy a Genesis front badge on eBay for a very reasonable price. Even if I just use the center crest it basically cost me under $10. I'll let you know if it will fit into the wing emblem we have.

·
Now with more psssht!
311 Posts
Yes I had read your posts but as it's been a couple of weeks I decided to try something. I look forward to what you have for the community in the near future.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Regarding that whole 'looks like water got inside them look', I experience the same thing. One day I decided to just scratch and it and notice that it was coming off. Eventually I just took some Windex and gave it a good scrubbing and it looked 10x better. It still was a little hard to get to the very corners though.

Have the people that got the new parts experience the same thing all over again? Mine seems get that water stain mark after rain so I just clean it every month.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been missing my crest for a month now :(

Any update? I would prefer not to go to ebay but I may just because I'm sick of seeing the hole on the front of my car....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts