Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on buying a Short shifter. I've been looking at the Uniq performance short shifter, but their are no videos of the shifter in action. If anyone has one installed? I would really appreciate a quick video or pics of the shifter on a 2016 Genesis coupe. It would really help me with my decision on purchasing and installing

·
Registered
325 Posts
They're all the same except for one important detail: 1-piece vs 2-piece.

If you are going to drive your car on the street, DO NOT buy a 1-piece. I can't tell if that Uniq Performance shifter is a 1-piece or 2-piece, but if it is 1-piece you won't want it on the street. 1-piece GenCoupe short-shifters make a horrible rattling sound that will make your car very unpleasant to drive:

After making the mistake of buying a cheap 1-piece short-shifter for Project Hoondy, we went with a 2-piece unit from TWS. There's a couple other manufacturers who make 2-piece shifters and they're all equally high quality. You really can't go wrong with any of the 2-piece shifters that are available for the GenCoupe. Here's a video of Project Hoondy going for a drive with our TWS short shifter installed along with a full ACT clutch and flywheel kit. You can hear some super-slick down-shifts part way through the video that the short-shifter definitely helps with:

Good luck, happy tuning!

·
Registered
2 Posts
TWM Short Shifter

Definitely recommend going 2 piece to get rid of the rattling. Got a TWM Performance Short Shifter for my 14' Coupe (came with a free shift knob too)

·
omphaloskeptic
76 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Uniq SSK on my 15 R spec Love the feel of it. Though when you change the shifter I definitely recommend changing the bushings as well, really help shift feel.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts