Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just needed some advice before pulling the trigger on a brand new 2011 genesis coupe. Here is what i got offered:

2011 coupe in Mirabeau Blue (or red or black i still cant decide :dunno:)
-2.0t base automatic transmission
-Sticker price was $24k-ish
-Final price came out to $22,700 w/o tax,title, etc.
-I'll put $3k down and get $5000 for my trade in
-Gave me a competitive car coupon which is already reflected in the final price

Do you guys think this is a good deal? Or would I be able to get a lower price at maybe another dealership?

Thanks in advance for any input! :D

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
Do you want the base, or do you just want the most affordable coupe? I was able to buy my r-spec for $22,800, which after my $1k trade in and taxes came out to 23,800.

Sounds like a decent deal, but I bet you could wheel and deal on a higher trim.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No im trying to get the base model with auto as it would be the cheapest option for me.

I was thinking about offering them $22,500 with tax, title, etc included but im not sure if that would be considered lowballing them.

·
1,525 Posts
Not sure what your taxes are, but yeah I'd ask for an out the door price. 22,500 or 23,000. I think they like round numbers. Edmunds.com has the invoice price of the cars I believe, so you can check what they pay for the car to get it to the lot. There's also a thread on here called "post your deal" or something in general discussion, and it includes what others have paid for their cars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea im in California so taxes arent too great. I was hoping that I had got a pretty good deal but after seeing the post your deals threat I'm not too sure.

Some people didnt specify on that thread if they bought a 2011 or 2010, so I'm not too sure on some of the really good deals seen on there.

·
1,525 Posts
Rspec only comes in red white and black. Otherwise i'd have an lime rock green one :D

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Rspec only comes in red white and black. Otherwise i'd have an lime rock green one :D
2010 does... 2011 doesnt

they have a lime green 2.0t rspec in the local dealer

·
Registered
900 Posts
i would but dont know anyone with an old manual tranny car i could practice on.
The genesis I bought was the first manual car for me. Buy it, learn from there. You're not gonna wreck your car & it isn't rocket science. Drive it around the neighborhood for a couple of days TOPS, you'll be good.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey I just needed some advice before pulling the trigger on a brand new 2011 genesis coupe. Here is what i got offered:

2011 coupe in Mirabeau Blue (or red or black i still cant decide :dunno:)
-2.0t base automatic transmission
-Sticker price was $24k-ish
-Final price came out to $22,700 w/o tax,title, etc.
-I'll put $3k down and get $5000 for my trade in
-Gave me a competitive car coupon which is already reflected in the final price

Do you guys think this is a good deal? Or would I be able to get a lower price at maybe another dealership?

Thanks in advance for any input! :D
I bought mine in Dec at Allen in Laguna Niguel.

I got 2K off sticker, -1000 competitive rebate, -1000 LA Auto Show rebate.

So, I think you can do about $1000 better (LA Auto show rebate is over).

Let me know if you want the name of the guy I talked to.

Good luck! And either buy a 2.0 R-Spec, or a 3.8. The 2.0s are just no fun with the auto :)
S

·
Registered
128 Posts
i see that youre in socal, and i have read that people have gotten thier coupes at Harden Hyundai, in anahiem, for around 19-20 Out the door. also, i was offered an R-spec for 23, and the 3.8 base for 24. so haggle haggle haggle, unfortunately i do not have a gen coupe due to money issues at the moment

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea im in California so taxes arent too great. I was hoping that I had got a pretty good deal but after seeing the post your deals threat I'm not too sure.

Some people didnt specify on that thread if they bought a 2011 or 2010, so I'm not too sure on some of the really good deals seen on there.
Well, tax in LA county is 9.75%, so on a $22,000 purchase, that is an additional $2145 dollars. I' mot sure I would term that amount not too great. Sales tax percent varies by county, but it can be add a great deal to the purchase price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts