Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Need some BOV help Please

3K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  JayDaKidd 
#1 ·
I know this is a tired thread but I really could use some advice please. I have the 2013 2.0 turbo Genesis and want a new BOV bad:). Went to my dealership and asked to see if doing mods would be a problem and they basically said they would not report me but if I ever need major repairs then make sure to swap out mods before I bring it in. Now here is my concern, which BOVs are bolt on?, because I called a performance shop in orlando and I asked about the Greddy RZ and Type S and he said those BOVs are weld on. I know the forge BOV is a good starter BOV and easy to install but just something a little nicer like an HKS or Greddy. What exactly do I need if I purchase some of these universal model BOVs to fit in my car?, all advice and opinions will be appreciated ^.^V

#4 · (Edited)
The Forge BOV is a quality piece with a simple install. Just because it's less expensive does not mean it is of lower quality. If you're looking for something with a high-pitched (annoying) chirp, then yes, you should get something else.

You mentioned this is a tired theme...there are hundreds of threads regarding BOVs, and I searched them to make a decision for myself about what to get. I've seen probably 2-3 new ones a week since I joined in November.

#6 ·
^^ is the most getto thing ever and that guy gets flamed daily for having it lol dont dooo itttt! As every one else has said forge is great 180$ piece. but if you wanna spend 600$ or so on piping and the bov it self go with hks, turbo xs, etc... Not rocket science :gc-Smiley-UseSearch

#7 · (Edited)
ty for the replies guys, I know the forge bov is good, just would like a louder BOV, not really the chirping kind lol, would like to turn some heads you know, I mean our vehicles are already head turners, I'm not really planning on upgrading intercooler anytime soon, downpipe maybe and exhaust, downpipe isn't to expensive, but bov and intake aren't that expensive either and would like to do those together, so does the Greddy RZ or Type S need to be welded on or not?, also with the HKS all I need to buy is the BOV with the adapter plate, any HKS will do right lol, they have like 4 series of them, I would figure the newer the better though right?, also what do you guys think of J2 Engineering downpipe or the Megan Racing Exhaust?, was looking at some ebay stuff, I know ebay sells a lot of fakes and I'm being careful of what I consider buying from there

#14 ·
personally it sounds to me like you're trying to pay more for the name than worrying about a BOV. Pop your hood. Stare at your intercooler piping, reply with "Wtf kind of flange is that" then, only then will you understand why its a weld on flange.. although kind of hard to weld plastic, so thats where the intercooler piping comes into play.

Weirtech has a combo for 700-800$ thats an intake, a Synapse BOV and his intercooler piping, or you can have the greddy or hks flange welded on instead for a cheaper price and take the 249$ price of the synapse BOV off, hes probably your best bet.

#9 ·
I got some Weir-Tech Charge Piping made and asked Aaron to add on a HKS flange for the BOV for me. He can add whatveer flange for whichever BOV you want. Just youtube the sounds of the BOV's and go with the one you like. I enjoyed how the HKS ran on vaccum and wasn't controlled by a solenoid.. also enjoyed the sound.

#11 ·
I actually put the HKS on myself and it didn't really take too much effort. Only part that was anything of a hassle was getting the thing to sit on the flange in the right position so it wouldn't bother the hood. Theres a couple of youtube videos that pretty much tell you how to do it easily.

#12 ·
Ok cool, think ill go with the HKS universal since don't know if anyone here has had a greddy bov that's bolt on and direct replacement of the stock bov, so what will I need to purchase other than the hks bov?

#15 ·
well the thing is I was going to get the forge BOV because it was an easy install and direct bolt on, but kind of been reading some threads and it doesnt seems that its that loud, so I started looking at the HKS and Greddy BOVs, and really like the sound, so basically I just want a direct bolt on replacement, no extra piping or welding necessary, just a new BOV that will go in the spot as my factory BOV and replace it lol

#18 ·
I would also like to get some info on the Greddy S BOV. I'm getting one off my buddy and would like to know what it is that I will need to get in order for it to bold on properly.

#21 ·
So I installed my new forge atmo bov and it sounds great, also using yellow spring, the only thing that sucks is that I wish I could hear it more while I'm driving, I have an auto 2013 genesis, only really hear it vent is when I rev my car up and let off the gas, still have my recirculating hose on, and hoping to get injen sri soon , don't think either will make a difference though about hearing my bov more

#24 ·
If you have the Forge BoV, the recirc hose is pointless. The Forge BoV has a block-off plate that covers the recirc port. Keeping it on would only be for looks or if you didn't want to cap off the recirc port on the intake when you get it. Nothing will make the BoV louder, other than flooring it and building more boost or getting a BoV that's designed to be louder.

#23 ·
Lol, I just installed a synapse BoV on my buddy's e93 335i. He got it because theres a video on youtube which has obviously been altered so that the BoV is louder than the car revving. He was so sad he spent $500 and didn't get the sound he wanted. ****in ricers...

#30 ·
I know how the BOV works lol, its just I was hoping to hear the release of pressure during gear changes on the auto but dont think thats possible in the auto genesis, its cool though still sounds awesome when I rev up and let go of the gas

#32 ·
The gear changes are quick enough that the throttle plate only shuts partially. If you have it in paddle/sport mode, run up to about 5k and just take your foot off of the gas for some noisegasms. Otherwise, enjoy the quick respool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.