Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently installed a Turbo back exhaust. To be exact, it is a Turboxs downpipe and race pipe, with an Exceladyne catback after that. Everything went well and the only thing i had to have the muffler shop do was heat up the tips to move them and make them even. Now on to the problem. I live in Texas, and thought i had done my research enough to the point where i was ok, but now i am two months away from needing inspection and i keep trying to figure out ways to pass. I do not have a tune, although i plan on getting one *(but that will not fix the check engine CEL) Also did alot of looking into the 02 spacer/minicat and had VERY mixed review on if they work or not.

So my question for anyone and everyone who could please shed their intelligence my way, what can i do to pass emissions in texas having a turbo back exhaust? I do not have the stock exhaust anylonger, and i would rather not have to purchase a hi flow cat(not sure if i would need to remove the racepipe to do so or what).

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Bottom line... you can't. A high flow cat won't work (it doesn't scrub the exhaust nearly enough to pass). Install your cat, pass inspection, mod back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts