Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had a thread about some clunks and clinks i was hearing.. turned out to be the exhaust banging up against the bottom of the car...

happening right behind where the test pipe meets the cat back (turbo XS RSD)

i need ideas on what i can do myself besides redoing the hangars or heating up and putting a dimple in that part of the exhaust ... if any
header wrap or inter cooler couplings to act as a cushion (absorb the vibration/stop clinking)

how close it is

wat its done so far.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mine was doing that also. I put dyno mat about half and inch thick right there were it was hitting and it solved my problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
793 Posts
Have you tried loosening ALL of the exhaust bolts and trying to realign everything then tighten it all back down?

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
You could bend that heat shield in a little with a pry bar. Then you don't have to remove anything

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re alignment throws off where the mufflers sit in the back....

the heat shield melted away lol... its banging up against under carriage now.

hows it looking after dynamat? i figured header wrap would do the same but stand up to the heat better

·
Registered
425 Posts
I didn't run into this problem, are you running the turboXS downpipe as well?

EDIT: Just read your signature. I wasn't having this problem when I had my ISIS downpipe and testpipe. But, I changed them out for the WeirTech stuff which is actually a little short so the whole TurboXS CBE got lifted a little bit. But, I would assume its because the pipes aren't aligned properly as stated above.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks.

can you explain what you mean by alignment..

i put them in myself (DP and Test pipe first.. then CBE then o2 housing) and everything fit in without issue and end/holes all lined up damn near perfectly...

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Basically you loosen the whole system, even the exhaust if needed, then adjust and move the system to see if you can pull it back and down to clear it, then tighten back up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yea and just to elaborate on what "focalgencoupe". You want to make sure the ends of each pipe is straight with the ends of the other pipe, Because there is some room for them to move and sometimes if you move them a little to high, they will hit the heatsheild. I set my testpipe to hang a little lower, so that It definitely doesn't hit. Because when I installed it, it looked like it would have hit the heatshield.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not only does it look a little high, it looks way too shifted over to the passenger side. i am worried there isnt enough slack in there to move it away from from the heatshield / under carriage ...

ill have to wait till the weekend to have enough time to undo all the bolts and slide em down and toward the passenger side to see how much room it buys me...

as of right now i have about a fingers width between the y pipe for the RSD and the body of the car.

anythying i should look for/mess with with the hangars also?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts