Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man i must have read through umpteen billion pages of tires. Some listed aren't even for sale anymore. Discontinued.
My car came with the contis dws06. These are ok and a little noisy.
I really like the firestone firehawk 500 but see mixed results all from years ago reviews. Tires change and get updated.
All season or even just summer tires will be fine since i don't drive in the snow.
After searching i am even more confused.
I'm still on stock rims (19) and see the biggest size is 255/35/19 rear
245/35/19 front
I see some tires i never even heard of before. I don't want to spend 200 bucks a tire.
I don't drive super aggressive and never track it.
Street tires that is cheap-ish and quite and performance is good.
Please don't lecture on you get what you pay for. I don't want cheap horrible tires, just recommend best of both worlds please.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I like lightweight tires. Go on to tire rack, look up you size and look at specs for weight - if you want better acceleration (exponentially higher impact on acceleration compared to lighter wheels).

Continental Extremecontact Sport is the lightest tire I found.

You can find light used tires often on ebay,
Found almost new 2 tires last fall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are what I have. Continental Extreme contact sport dsw-06. I had no idea they are light.
So when info on tirerack etc... Change specs from drop down box? I'll go look. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Those are what I have. Continental Extreme contact sport dsw-06. I had no idea they are light.
So when info on tirerack etc... Change specs from drop down box? I'll go look. Thanks for the info
Extremecontact DWS6 and Extremecontact Sport are completely different tires.

1st one is all season and 2nd one is summer and has better warm weather traction and weight less.

All season tires are jack of all traits but master of non.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Extremecontact Sport
245.35.19 weight 22lb
255.35.19 weight 24lb

Firewhack 500
245.35.19 weight 26lb
255.35.19 weight 27lb
These weight more then your curent E.C. DWs

14lb total difference in rotation weight is significant. According to my rotational inertia to power calculator - its 11.6 WHP difference.

Reactions: lvdukerider

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i didn't know that until i went to tire rack last night. I been checking out weight of the tires as well.
I never ever would have considered that before. Thanks

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's very useful information, I have Bridgestone RE11's in stock sizes that I'm happy with but are discontinued, I was considering the Firehawks next, (they look identical to the RE11's except for the name) I might just go with the Continental's next just for the weight savings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I put the Firehawk Indy 500's on my car last spring after the original Bridgestone's wore out. I wish I changed tires sooner, night and day difference. The Bridgestone's were scary in the rain, could not turn traction off if the roads were wet, so much more grip with the Firehawk's. 10,000k on them last summer and they are holding up great.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In case you didn't know bridgestone and firestone are the same tires. The re11 and the 500. Ones kinda an upgrade over the other. When the firestones came out they were first named bridgestones. I came across this info on tirerack.com last night.

Reactions: lvdukerider

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
In case you didn't know bridgestone and firestone are the same tires. The re11 and the 500. Ones kinda an upgrade over the other. When the firestones came out they were first named bridgestones. I came across this info on tirerack.com last night.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions, I was aware of Bridgestone/Firestone being the same company. I was somewhat disappointed when the RE11 was discontinued as I think its a very good tire for the money. While searching I looked at the Firehawk at a local tire shop and was fairly certain it was the same tire just with the Firestone branding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts