Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving a 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate with the stock 19" tires (225/245), Bridgestone Potenza (these I believe). I am coming up on needing to buy a new set of tires but I just don't know much about them. My question is what to get? I don't need anything higher performance than the stock tires - I'm not really looking for softer compound or anything as these have worn out kind of quick, but I still want sport/performance tires. Is there anything cheaper than my stock tires that would get me similar performance or longer life or both?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I went with Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's in stock sizes they seem to stick,ride,wear,and look good, much cheaper than the stock RE-050A's

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I am running the ventus evo 2's (hankook) right now and they are great. Dry they are fantastic. We had a ton of u usual rain here in SoCal a few weeks ago and they were supurb. Wont break the bank either. Light track duty they should be good. Moderate to heavy than need a better choice of tire. I dont track mine yet, just daily and am a happy customer

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
822 Posts
Yes, running Potenza S-04 and they've been holding up strong. Never lost traction since I've got em and rides smooth. Only con is the tread is a little less than other tires.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I'm driving a 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate with the stock 19" tires (225/245), Bridgestone Potenza (these I believe). I am coming up on needing to buy a new set of tires but I just don't know much about them. My question is what to get? I don't need anything higher performance than the stock tires - I'm not really looking for softer compound or anything as these have worn out kind of quick, but I still want sport/performance tires. Is there anything cheaper than my stock tires that would get me similar performance or longer life or both?
There are many solid suggestions that will work good on your Gencoupe. Which tire is the right one for you depends on what you are looking for in a tire and your driving conditions. We would be happy to help supply you with the right information to help you choose the right tire for your needs. Just send us a PM.

In the mean time here is a link to all the matching tires to fit your vehicle along with customer reviews:

Gencoupe Tires | Discount Tire Direct

1 - 7 of 7 Posts