Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have a 2011 2.0t 6mt. I initially got it tuned on the sfr stage 1.5 87 octane when I had nothing more than a forge motorsport bov. I've added some new parts and was going to retune to 93, but I'm wondering if theres something else I could do tuning route that would suit me better? Since that tune I've added:
Forge motorsport bov, forge motorsport waste gate actuator, cai, a bigger aluminum radiator, 1 step colder spark plugs gapped at 0.32, depo racing catless 02 housing, injen intercooler piping, tein s-tech lowering springs, megan racing transmission mount, isr short throw shifter.
Would it be better if I retune to 93 octane, or what's a better option?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds good, would I need to get a Caltech ecu for that though?
No you don't. You have very basic bolt-ons. Alphaspeed can easily get that taken care of. There are multiple dealers around depending on your location.
I live in Houston Texas 77407 do you know where I could find a tuner? Also thank you for your help

·
Dropping Knowledge
138 Posts
I live in Houston Texas 77407 do you know where I could find a tuner? Also thank you for your help
Alphaspeed has a dealer in central texas. I recommend looking him up on Facebook, Alphaspeed Central Texas. On the Alphaspeed site of facebook you can see all the dealers. 3point8 performance has remote tuning kits for loan as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If I were you I would go with a Prw tune I highly recommend this tune. I'm running a Prw Stage 1 tune and couldn't be happier!
This is the best $200 you can spend on your car and trust me you will not be disappointed. The Alphaspeed canned tune is alot more $ also BTR is an authorized distributor now for Alphaspeed. If you go on there site you will see there selling them starting at $400 and up which is ridiculous for a canned tune. The Prw tune is very reliable and powerful just search this forum and you will see the satisfied customers reviews.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts