Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replace my Stock housing on my 2013 2.0t genesis coupe, and it was running fine for a couple of days. The one day I floored it and I heard like something either came apart or fell from the car. Now it’s not running correctly from 0-40 mph it runs great but then trying to get over 40 or to accelerate to get on the highway it takes it’s time to get up to highway speed. Also when is starts it idles weird and I went to go get it checked out but it says I need to replace the O2 sensors and I just that but Im still having the same problem. Anyone have an Idea what else is wrong?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
397 Posts
I recently replace my Stock housing on my 2013 2.0t genesis coupe, and it was running fine for a couple of days. The one day I floored it and I heard like something either came apart or fell from the car. Now it’s not running correctly from 0-40 mph it runs great but then trying to get over 40 or to accelerate to get on the highway it takes it’s time to get up to highway speed. Also when is starts it idles weird and I went to go get it checked out but it says I need to replace the O2 sensors and I just that but Im still having the same problem. Anyone have an Idea what else is wrong?
If there is an exhaust leak in that area, it will run like garbage. Check the gasket and the tightness of the bolts

·
Premium Member
15,910 Posts
If you replaced your primary cat, then you need to loosen the whole exhaust from the turbo, back. Then tighten the exhaust starting from the turbo/cat, working your way back.

This makes sure that it's all lined up and less lightly to cause leaks... even if there is a leak, it shouldn't effect how the engine runs, as any leaks would be further down the exhaust, doing it this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts