Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up this baby 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying her very much so far. First brand new car purchase! Excited to start modding it down the line.

So far it's tinted, recirc valve hose delete and plugged, shift knob changed to a Carbing, 10k HIDS.

Looking to lower on springs first and then maybe front lip, intake and BOV for now.

Love the car overall except finding it hard to love the front end.

Searched the forum and found people converting from 1st gen to 2nd gen front ends but not much info on the other way around.

Anyone know how involved it is?

Front bumper, lights, hood, radiator core support.. How about wiring and everything else?

Thanks and glad to be a part of the boards.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,498 Posts
It hasn't been done because there are a lot of variables to consider. The 2013 radiator is bigger than older model coupes. You would need a whole new radiator support, as well as headlights, hood, fenders and bumper, and a crash bar. The 2013 intercooler is larger than previous models so it may not be compatible with the earlier model bumper covers. There's probably a bunch of other things that I haven't even thought of and haven't mentioned.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It hasn't been done because there are a lot of variables to consider. The 2013 radiator is bigger than older model coupes. You would need a whole new radiator support, as well as headlights, hood, fenders and bumper, and a crash bar. The 2013 intercooler is larger than previous models so it may not be compatible with the earlier model bumper covers. There's probably a bunch of other things that I haven't even thought of and haven't mentioned.
Yeah that's kind of what I thought as well. I just read that some people might have done it already but haven't seen any documentation which I thought was weird. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess you could get the entire front painted to match the car, or just part of it painted? Personally, I'd get the lower half painted to match, and leave the upper matte black.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Lower the car and the front end will grow on you . This is just my opinion as I hated the 2013 front end until I saw one lowered and it makes the front end look more aggressive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lower the car and the front end will grow on you . This is just my opinion as I hated the 2013 front end until I saw one lowered and it makes the front end look more aggressive.
That's what I will do first lower since I am going to do that anyway and then maybe get a lip once the prices come down or there are more available.. I am really digging the white K3 Projekt gen coupe. Probably one of the few 13-14 i can stomach.

I was wondering why there aren't any eyelids for these headlights yet? Like I was thinking of making it look sharper at the bottom to look more like first gen headlight shape. I think it might help the front end.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really like the front end, but my 3.8 is black, so it all blends in well imo. If I had a different color, I'd definitely change it up.. I just hate that I'm in a state where the front plate is required :(

Hope you end up getting the front to your liking soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the front end, but my 3.8 is black, so it all blends in well imo. If I had a different color, I'd definitely change it up.. I just hate that I'm in a state where the front plate is required :(

Hope you end up getting the front to your liking soon.
Thanks!! Me too haha. I guess springs need to be ordered ASAP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts