Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got my new Gen Coupe and was told about this site. Got it yesterday and so far I am very happy with it. Been fun in the snow without my old snow tires, lol.

Oh its a red 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 with the Auto for those that are curious.

·
Pursue the Moment
256 Posts
grats and welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I heard there are a ton of Canadians on this site. Guess the car is popular in these parts?

·
Pursue the Moment
256 Posts
u bet!
most of them are in toronto/markham area. ive seen 7 Genesae in Aurora including mine :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am further East but spend a lot of time in that area and used to work in Markham a few years ago actually.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So now that I finally have my ten posts I can posts pics.

These are from when I first found the car at the dealership.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea its an automatic.

Here are some pics after I finally got delivery, unfortunately before I could get pics I had driven it about 150kms and it was already dirty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far its breaking in nicely, a lot smoother than I was expecting, the only thing I am having trouble with is the USB reader. Sometimes it doesn't play my music.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
very pretty!!!! Welcome aboard!

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
Welcome dude! The stereo has a mind of its own sometimes but after you learn its ways it gets better lol. Works well with iPods and XM is nice too!

Have Fun!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome dude! The stereo has a mind of its own sometimes but after you learn its ways it gets better lol. Works well with iPods and XM is nice too!

Have Fun!

Not a big fan of Satellite Radio to be honest. With my last car I got a free year of Sirius and found maybe one channel I would listen too.

Much prefer my downloaded stuff and when I get bored with them my FM radio stations.

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
Yeah, I like it (XM), but sometimes I find that its just like regular radio except without commercials (which is why I prefer it). I'm not a big fan of FM radio because I find most rock or pop stations play the same songs over and over and since I drive for a living it gets pretty lame lol. Thus is why when I drive at work I listen to CBC radio one, but I am also an old man trapped in a 23 yr old body so...

In the GC I more or less rely on my iPod or a select few XM stations like Chill or Classic Vinyl. But as they say, different strokes for different folks right?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I like it (XM), but sometimes I find that its just like regular radio except without commercials (which is why I prefer it). I'm not a big fan of FM radio because I find most rock or pop stations play the same songs over and over and since I drive for a living it gets pretty lame lol. Thus is why when I drive at work I listen to CBC radio one, but I am also an old man trapped in a 23 yr old body so...

In the GC I more or less rely on my iPod or a select few XM stations like Chill or Classic Vinyl. But as they say, different strokes for different folks right?
True say. I will try those channels. Have a 90 day subscription haven't used it yet, lol.

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
Yeah I mean its good for when your not digging anything on your iPod or whatever. I don't know what kind of music you dig but you have like 3 XM channels, which means you can pre-program 18 stations and if you don't like the first one you stop on go to the next preset (using your steering wheel buttons of course ;) ).

Try out Chill, Backspin, Classic Vinyl, Lithium, The Boneyard, Liquid Metal, Octane

the list goes on but those are IMO the best for variety and quality tunage bro,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it, I am another relatively new owner (Nov 11, 2010) in the GTA, west end though in Mississauga. Love the car so far, even in this -20 weather it is holding its own especially with winter tires on. I love it so far.
As for the XM, I will not be continuing after the free 3 months which basically should have actually ended right now. I would have kept it, had I been able to buy a radio for my wife and use the same subscription but you pay extra for that. I don't even use it, I have my blackberry with a 16GB microSD card that I have used as my iPod alternative now for 2 years, plus I've gone back to CD's too for a bit now I have a 6 CD changer and the Infinity sounds nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts