Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first brand new car, a 2011 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 2.0T. I love the car and am completely content with my purchase so far. Traded in my 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR for something that's fun to drive but gets better gas mileage, and has cheaper insurance.

I have a question for all of you seasoned Genesis Owners. How is Hyundai's warranty with modifications? Have you guys been getting away with things like intakes and/or cat-back exhausts? That's all that I am really looking to do to my car, but definately don't want to void my warranty. The car salesman told me that it should be fine, but being a car salesman I know that they will say most anything to make a sale. Any feedback would be great guys, thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
mod tolerance is highly dealership dependant.
Some dealerships refuse to service if you've got HID's, some give warranty when you've done a turbo swap. You'll just have to ask your service department how they feel about it. But they might lie then just to get you back to change your oil.. then when something goes wrong refuse your service... really.. mods are like russian roulette.. just never know when you're gonna get it.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately I don't have enough posts to be able to add links. I'll try to add a few more posts so that I can put one up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts