Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be doing the Br Pa reflash soon and think i will prob need a new clutch seeing what most people have been saying about the extra torque and hp gains.. What would u guys recommend for a affordable clutch that will hold the reflash and maybe a few other mods.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
I'd say that a Competition Stage 3 clutch would do the trick. :D PM me for a great price. :)

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
The Competition Clutch product is available?!? Those rat bastards used my OEM clutch/plate/flywheel to prototype their kit, they was supposed to TELL ME WHEN IT WAS DONE!

><

·
The Meanest of the Green
413 Posts
Im going to be doing the Br Pa reflash soon and think i will prob need a new clutch seeing what most people have been saying about the extra torque and hp gains.. What would u guys recommend for a affordable clutch that will hold the reflash and maybe a few other mods.
I would highly recommend a new clutch if this is the route that you are going- take it from experience. My cluch died out after about 5k with what all I did with BR. I have the stage 3 racing clutch from clutchmasters and it works great. Good for DD and going to the track. I had a few engagement/disengagement issues with it but I'm getting that fixed this Friday.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
I'll double check comp clutch availability tomorrow morning. Should be good though. :) Will keep ya'll updated.

56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much rougly did u pay for your stage 3 clutchmaster clutch and flywheel? also wouldnt a stage 1 be sufficient enough for an intake, exhaust, & the reflash?

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
I'm still looking around for a new stage 3 clutch/flywheel and if u guys had to pick a clutch/flywheel combo what would u guys choose 1)SPEC stage 3+ or 2)Competition stage 3?

This is my dilemma for the next few months

·
For the love of drifting
818 Posts
If i have FMIC, intake, BOV, radiator, intake manifold, turbo manifold (but with oem turbine), full 3 inch stainless exhaust with downpipe and SFR reflash, what stage clutch would i need? And where can i order clutch master?

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I'm still looking around for a new stage 3 clutch/flywheel and if u guys had to pick a clutch/flywheel combo what would u guys choose 1)SPEC stage 3+ or 2)Competition stage 3?

This is my dilemma for the next few months
I have spec stage3+ and flywheel. SPEC is probably the cheapest option, but it also seems to be hit or miss if your going to have problems or not. I wouldn't really reccommend it. No idea on the Competition Stage 3 though, have a few people run this setup yet?

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Spool, from what I've read about the SPEC clutches in the gen it's not worth rolling the dice, especially since you track the car I'd hate to see you plow into gamz or something cause your clutch wouldn't disengage.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
So Competition is the way to go I guess?

Lucky for me I'm still doing my homework on this or else I would've bought the SPEC.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Competition doesn't have the Genesis kits ready yet, i have 6 sets on back order
with Dan. I was told yesterday that the proto-type hasn't even come back from
china yet, once it does we are looking at 30+ days before product will ship.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
Well I wont need a clutch until Spring because my car is still in winter storage. So no rush on my end but I'm still gonna look around and do my homework.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
clutchmasters baby

or that crazy twin-disc setup from BR, if I had $2300 for a clutch...

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
Is anyone even running the BR setup?

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
MSUgeoman is, but then again, he's got over 500 @ the wheels. The part that caught me was despite the insane holding power it has a very close to stock pedal feel. And that price includes the aluminum SMF.

·
The Meanest of the Green
413 Posts
How much rougly did u pay for your stage 3 clutchmaster clutch and flywheel? also wouldnt a stage 1 be sufficient enough for an intake, exhaust, & the reflash?
With everything I paid just under $2k (around $1500 parts then install). But IMO your not gonna find a better DD clutch-it actually felt better than the stock clutch on the street and it can easily be used if you wanna do anything on the track, drag, or race circuit.

·
The Meanest of the Green
413 Posts
Is anyone even running the BR setup?
I MAY be using their setup-I'm not sure yet. I had a little issue with the engagement/disengagement with the clutch masters setup and if we can't get that fixed when I go back up to Beyond Redline this Friday we may go that route.

If we do I will let you all know, but I know their setup is amazing- I've only been up there half a dozen times lol

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
I would love to test out the BR setup just to see how it feels and holds under abuse for when I'm at the track.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts