Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys I have an idea that im not sure works or not and it seems no one has tried it. Im looking to upgrade my radiator soo and I notice when you do an aftermarket fmic you move it to the front and can delete the stock fmic. This leaves a void under the rad.

So my question is at that point can I use a v6 radiator?

Then i will have more cooling surfice aria then the 2.0 one weather I go aftermarket or not. Then if i decide to go with a koyo or mishimoto aluminum one it will just me even more efficient.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Iirc Red raspberry tried it and it didnt fit.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
buy a Mishi or Koyo radiator, they WORK. My car maintained 208ºF under nut bustingly heat soaked conditions when being operated by Crawford Performance's engineer while tuning an upgraded turbo kit.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,470 Posts
The first time I tried it I could not get it to fit due t the Love Fab IC pipes. This time I have a APG and a new Koyo 3.8L I'm going to try to fit. The issue will be the lower hose and the IC pipe. Otherwise it should drop in. Too hot out to do it now....

The OEM 3.8L is larger frontal area wise but only half the thickness of the 2L OEM radiator.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Red, how does the Koyo compare in thickness to the OEM 3.8 and 2.0 radiators? I was also thinking about going with an aftermarket 3.8 rad, but only if they are substantially thicker than the OEM 3.8 radiator.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,470 Posts
The aftermarket direct replacement radiator (TYC) is not any different than the stock. The Koyo is twice as thick as the OEM.

You have to look and see how you IC hot pipe and the lower radiator hose are going to fit together.

·
Banned
1,099 Posts

·
Banned
1,099 Posts
The FPI on the Koyo looks pretty high too.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
Uh... Better cooling efficiency, perhaps?
... the 2.0T runs hotter than the 3.8, the v6 radiator is thinner and.... if Koyo & mishi make race radiators FOR your motor, why did you not buy the one FOR your motor.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thought process:
1. My radiator for my 2.0 could be a bit longer now that the OEM intercooler is gone
2. The OEM 3.8 rad is longer but way skinnier. I wonder if an aftermarket 3.8 rad would cool better than an aftermarket 2.0 rad.
3. *Waits for Red Raspberry to decide if win.*
4. ???
5. Profit

Seems logical to me.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts