Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Finally got Rid of the Choke pipe, really drove me crazy.... So it is nothing fancy just a basic catback,
2.25 into Dual Flowmaster Super 50s. yea, yea I know, They are big and heavy and 40s would be so
much louder..... but that was the point... I am just too old for all of that loud. The result? when it is idling
It is not noticeable in the cabin or the to the car next to you. Keep the rpm below 2000 and the note is
quite nice. There is some drone at light throttle above 2000 but disappears when the speed and throttle
goes back to cruise. even at speed 60 to 80 mph so very little drone as to be nonexistent. Drone does
appear when a load is placed on the engine without a down shift.
Now at full throttle, the beast is unleashed and the note..... well I will try to put up a sound clip soon,
just say it is somewhat different and brings a smile to my face. The butt Dyno says definite improvement.
Did not really expect to notice, pleasantly surprised.....Oh yea, and the tips, well >:D

TJ

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
I wished I had installed my factory tips ,looks good and stealthy .

·
Registered
956 Posts
Looks good. I prefer the shape of the stock tips to quad tips, now if someone would just make some shiney, high quality tips in the stock shape id be intrested. Proably not enough intrest for that though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
What kind of a mid-pipe setup are you running? Any resonators? Flowmasters with a mid-pipe resonator = sweet, sweet sound IMO. :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What kind of a mid-pipe setup are you running? Any resonators? Flowmasters with a mid-pipe resonator = sweet, sweet sound IMO. :)
again nothing fancy, but no resonators needed. may be due to the 50 series Flows..

TJ

PS. I will be installing test pipes shortly... Thankx Shorttrack!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice job! Sounds like the new setup gave you some decent improvements. I like how you kept the stock tips too. In a world where so many of us opted for quad tips, it's unique.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like my quads but that's well done.
Thanks, I am quite fond of the quads myself but opted for stealth mode with the additional
benefit of lower cost. I am all about HP per dollar, while this system is not stainless or mandrel
bent, or pretty at all, I doubted that any of the high dollar systems would produce much more
power than this.
This however was not my first choice, that would have been a single, dual in dual out, super 50 which would have resulted in a lighter system and an exhaust note more what
I was looking for. That said I am not disappointed in what I got. There was just not enough
ground clearance for the single muffler and did not like piping requirements of the 80 series.
Oh, and the cost? $125 per muffler and $200 installation.

TJ

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would this setup work on a 2.0? Want super 50s as well but idk if it’s the same
Forgive the late response, not on here much since I lost my coupe in Hurricane Harvey,
I would think the 50 flow on the turbo would sound good as well but I have no experience or even heard anyone with such a setup...... would be a roll of the dice.... might be an expensive roll if you did not like it..

Sorry Guys, there will be no sound clip as the only ones I got did not do any justice. really needed to put the GO Pro on the outside and record it...... Seriously, I only had the Wheels and Tires w/ exhaust for a couple of weeks before the Hurricane..

Good luck!

TJ

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Forgive the late response, not on here much since I lost my coupe in Hurricane Harvey,
I would think the 50 flow on the turbo would sound good as well but I have no experience or even heard anyone with such a setup...... would be a roll of the dice.... might be an expensive roll if you did not like it..

Sorry Guys, there will be no sound clip as the only ones I got did not do any justice. really needed to put the GO Pro on the outside and record it...... Seriously, I only had the Wheels and Tires w/ exhaust for a couple of weeks before the Hurricane..

Good luck!

TJ
I am not on this forum much either as it seems the guys who are into making their Gen Coupes run don't get on this site anymore . If you are near my way stop in , you will like how my finished Gen Coupe came out .

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not on this forum much either as it seems the guys who are into making their Gen Coupes run don't get on this site anymore . If you are near my way stop in , you will like how my finished Gen Coupe came out .
Sounds Good, will have to make my way over, give you a call sometime...

still have the brand new tires and wheels from my coupe, have been looking for another but that has been dampened by the lack (still ) of a good handheld or HPT tuning solution...

guess it was too much to ask..

TJ

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Sounds Good, will have to make my way over, give you a call sometime...

still have the brand new tires and wheels from my coupe, have been looking for another but that has been dampened by the lack (still ) of a good handheld or HPT tuning solution...

guess it was too much to ask..

TJ
Yep, I would never want another Hyundai car as a tuner car ,you can't tune it . Actually wanting to sell this beast .11,000 miles on it and I don't have time .Take care .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts