Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Anyone know Hyundais official opinion on these?
My dealer refused to put it on because he claimed they all leak?? And it would void the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
nvm... found it..

I like their warranty:
We offers LIFE TIME LIMITED WARRANTY on its product, against faulty workmanship and/or material to the original purchaser (with proof of purchase). For any defective product, Fumoto Engineering of America will replace the product at no charge. Fumoto Engineering of America will also indemnify any consequencial damages to the engine/vehicle which are directly caused by the defective product. This warranty does not cover any damages due to misuse, abuse, negligence or accident. This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada. We also offer 30 Days Exchange or Money Back Guarantee. If the size of the item doesn't fit and you need to exchange it, or if you are not satisfied with our product and you want to get a refund, it is very easy to exchange or get a refund.
Just like K&N.. they f*ck up, they take care of you... me likey.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Awesome, only thing is that, as I read it I am not covered if I scrape the bottom over a bumb and it starts leaking on that account. Hyundai will probably not cover anything as it is aftermarket (still need to confirm)

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
Awesome, only thing is that, as I read it I am not covered if I scrape the bottom over a bumb and it starts leaking on that account. Hyundai will probably not cover anything as it is aftermarket (still need to confirm)
Hyundai won't cover it if you scrape and smash off your stock plug either. If you scrape low enough to hit this attached to your pan a LOT of other things are going to be seriously f*cked.

·
Registered
358 Posts
As others have reiterated above - this drain plug has been around for many years, in fact, I was using these on my Mustangs back in the mid 80's and early 90's. It's nothing new.

I will however add, they are an awesome drain plug and I never had ANY of them leak at all - even after many miles and years of use. Operation and draining is smooth with no issues at all. Every time I was done draining the oil, I just shot the valve w/ brakeleen, which removed any excess oil and debris from the unit (this kept it clean and from gumming up).

The ONLY way it will leak is if the individual installer does not properly install OR he/she forgets to CLOSE it after draining the oil (or when refilling).

I used to buy mine from Racer Walsh out of FL.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i've never seen this before, but since its such a small valve i have a feeling it would clog, not sure if you guys have seen how nasty and dirty used oil is, especially on bosted vehicles. and arent the normal plugs magnetized as well to pick up any metal shavings?

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
I'd done a lot of oil changes on a lot of different vehicles and equipment and I've never seen oil clog a drain unless there were metal chunks in it from something like rod failure.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'd done a lot of oil changes on a lot of different vehicles and equipment and I've never seen oil clog a drain unless there were metal chunks in it from something like rod failure.
i've never seen a normal oil drain clog either, but i dont see how the valve on this could be the exact same size as a normal drain so it would have to increase the chances of it clogging. which wouldnt really be a big deal anyway cuz you could just unscrew it and drain /clean out the valve like a normal oil change.

the first post i made was really just my first reaction to this as i've never seen it before. that said it seems like a good idea just was my first reaction

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
i've never seen a normal oil drain clog either, but i dont see how the valve on this could be the exact same size as a normal drain so it would have to increase the chances of it clogging. which wouldnt really be a big deal anyway cuz you could just unscrew it and drain /clean out the valve like a normal oil change.

the first post i made was really just my first reaction to this as i've never seen it before. that said it seems like a good idea just was my first reaction
a oil drain can be the size of a then coffee straw, it should never clog with anything. If there is anything solid in your oil u have epic engine problems

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
I've always done my own oil. Never seen one of these before. That's ****ing cool and I'm ordering it now.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Just order 5 for family and friends. If anyone lse is interested I have a discount code for 5% off. I think they're also running a promotion for free shipping if you buy 2+.

I'm an idiot and forgot to writ ethe discount code. It's hotrod5

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ive been seeing these floating around lately. Any reviews from someone who is actually using it?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Hopefully I'll get mine before the weekend so I can install them on all the vehicles. I can let you know then how it goes. I ordered the safety clips with all of them. I think the spring loaded tab locky thing is good enough but for $1 I'll double my redundancy failsafes and not have to worry about other peoples cars.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Just order 5 for family and friends. If anyone lse is interested I have a discount code for 5% off. I think they're also running a promotion for free shipping if you buy 2+.

I'm an idiot and forgot to writ ethe discount code. It's hotrod5
Thanks for the code, i just bought one. I have an oil change coming up so why not.

21 - 40 of 125 Posts