Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my engine took a poop on me and I need a new one hoping someone is selling a used one with reasonable mileage I have a 2013 genesis coupe 2.0t r-spec

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
462 Posts
Any 2.0T from 2013-2014 will fit your car. There is no difference between trims.

What was the issue that caused failure?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Rod knock me being too busy and slacking on maintenance not enough oil 🤦🏾‍♂️
I'd just buy a bronze rebuild kit from GenCoupeStore and rebuild it. Probably cheaper than a whole new engine if that was the failure reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was looking at as well I also got to buy a tool set and engine stand to be able to pull the engine was debating if I actually wanted to upgrade a few things since I'm already taking it apart

·
Registered
462 Posts
That's what I was looking at as well I also got to buy a tool set and engine stand to be able to pull the engine was debating if I actually wanted to upgrade a few things since I'm already taking it apart
If you aren't pushing big power, a bronze kit is all you need. Pretty sure they can handle like 400TQ. 350 at the very least. If you wanna push more, the silver is great too. I just bought a spare motor that I will be purchasing a silver kit for.

Also, what kind of oil filter did you use on your car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a k&n oil filter on it and I think ima go with the bronze and just switch a few things out when I order it but doing that will i need to get parts for the trans?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I had a k&n oil filter on it
That is why it failed. Aftermarket filters DO NOT play well with these engines. OEM or nothing. I can't swear it enough, hence why I asked. I am almost positive that is why the engine committed not living.

As for trans, depends.
You definitely need new flywheel bolts. Reusing flywheel bolts is a no no. Depending on the condition of your clutch/pressure plate you may be fine. Dual mass flywheels are not resurfaceable. You need a new flywheel or keep the one you have the way it is. May be a bad idea to keep it depending on mileage.

Personally I would get a complete VALEO HD kit from GenCoupeStore while you are at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts