Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So I just got my new exhaust system done. It’s fully custom — X Pipe, 2 Bottle Style Resonators, and tail pipe exits no muffler.

It’s the weirdest thing tho because the guy at the shop said he made sure everything was clear of my driveshaft and all the welds are clean. I am getting this very slight vibration in my steering wheel under mild acceleration and during downshifts. aside from that the car is running amazing and no complaints. any ideas as to what could cause my issue?? Does the exhaust make enough noise to propagate into my steering wheel?

·
Registered
64 Posts
In for an exhaust video! Can't imagine how the exhaust would give steering wheel vibration though?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In for an exhaust video! Can't imagine how the exhaust would give steering wheel vibration though?
yeah man for sure!! it’s a great set up and sounds more like an Audi or Maserati than anything. The higher end of the load is indistinguishable to a GT-R

Idk. I guess the resonators being up close to the driveshaft throw (propagate) vibrations into the steering wheel. all seems fine

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah man for sure!! it’s a great set up and sounds more like an Audi or Maserati than anything. The higher end of the load is indistinguishable to a GT-R

Idk. I guess the resonators being up close to the driveshaft throw (propagate) vibrations into the steering wheel. all seems fine
I get the same exact thing and I run test pipes and isr race exhaust. So I am a muffler delete as well. Not so sure if the steering wheel vibrate is extreme or mild but it’s nothing bad. I get it when I’m driving 60mph and up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts