1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Sound clip foo!

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
can't get much simpler than that. Other than converting to a single. Did you get rid of your secondary cat?

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can't get much simpler than that. Other than converting to a single. Did you get rid of your secondary cat?
Yup, there's a flex pipe at the primary and then 3" pipe after that. No chance I'll convert to a single, I like how the dual looks and the Y changes the tone a bit.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i bet that will sound pretty good .. now you just need to get rid of the stock 02 housing ;)
I don't really want to mess with the emissions .. plus the sound right now is perfect for me, and changing out the cat will make it too loud (for me).

My state doesn't test at the tail-pipe (for OBDII), but they will fail you if you have CEL on.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I wonder if the dealer would even be able to tell with the stock tips lol

·
1,525 Posts
I wonder if the dealer would even be able to tell with the stock tips lol
They'd have to be blind and/or stupid to not notice the gaping hole of having no muffler.

But with no muffler, you think the rear bumper is going to parachute now?

·
1,525 Posts
There is a good 8" tall gap now from the bottom of the bumper to the top of the muffler heat shield. The air passing under the car, will it fill that void and impact the inside of the bumper creating a huge drag? Maybe it'll be like a pickup truck where the air simply circulates in that area and creats a high pressure zone that the incoming air won't penetrate and simply treats it as a solid for no effect on drag.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone know how to convert a 3gp video into wav, aiff, etc? I got a video of the exhaust today with my phone but it's not that great.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
that thing will be loud

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ Yea it's not quiet lol. I got a real video camera today, so hopefully if I can get one of my friends to help me I'll have a Vid to post up tonight.

·
Thrice a charm
669 Posts
Awesome work man, that thing looks great polished up!

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Just a quick video from inside the cabin. It's not the best, but it is something. My car is in the Northeast meet vid meet so once that's posted up I'll repost it here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts