Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

New From NY

728 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Invalid_user 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I currently live in Western New York, drive a stage 2 supercharged Tiburon and have been a member of the NewTiburon.com forum for 2+ years. I have done just about everything you can to this car (aside from a body kit and gutting it) and am sick of having to keep putting money into it so I've decided to step up. I'm looking to get a white 3.8 V6 Track package but before I do, I was hoping you could answer or direct me to an answer about a couple questions. I spent WAY too much building the tib, and plan on doing some research this time :)

I do not plan on keeping this vehicle stock and need to know the following:

How much horsepower can the 2.0T engine withstand? The 3.8 engine? What about the transmissions?

EDIT: Just did some deeper research and found my answers. Looks like the 2.0T will be the better option. Start off with less power but greater overall ability to match the 3.8 and beyond and still be cheaper than straight out buying the 3.8 I look forward to joining these forums as an actual owner :D

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Hello again. Now many months later... tomorrow I am picking up my 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-spec in Karussell White (the only one I could find within 212 miles :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.