Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wannabe Gen Owner
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...not an owner yet, thinking about waiting for the 2012 unless I can be convinced otherwise. Been lurking for a bit...tons of great info on here which made me decide to go ahead and pick the GenCoupe for my next ride, looking forward to learning a lot from the community in the future.

To elementrider87, sorry you won't be alone in Chula Vista with a Genny! (I live off of H near SWC), but most of the time I'm near Old Town or near Aero and I-15 because of my two jobs. I'll make sure I stay out of your way on the 15!

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
Welcome!

I work for North County Hyundai in Carlsbad in the parts dept. Lemme know if you need any parts or having questions about anything. Im starting to stock Ark Products locally for a great price, so if you need something let me know1

·
Wannabe Gen Owner
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

I work for North County Hyundai in Carlsbad in the parts dept. Lemme know if you need any parts or having questions about anything. Im starting to stock Ark Products locally for a great price, so if you need something let me know1
That's awesome! I will keep you in mind since I plan on getting a lot of aftermarket stuff (of course if it's available for the 2012). Is it me or are there not a lot of track models around the county (or r-specs even) to look at/test drive?
Don't know if you can answer this, if I buy in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, can I register it in Florida? (I have family in Florida and I'm trying to avoid the crazy VLF and smog crap here). Thanks

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
Hyundai stopped advertising them, and with the launch (and success) of the sonata turbo and elantra, dealers started allocating those more. PM me your email, I can give you the heads up if/when we get some track/rspec models in

We just sold our last two keeps the other day, but we should be getting more in soon. I misread your post, I thought you had purchased already. If you end up going with a 2010 or 11 we will definitely have stuff for you.

Unfortunately a law was passed about 2 years ago that prevented someone who claimed residency in california to register their car out of state, for the exact reasons you want to register it out of state lol.

·
Wannabe Gen Owner
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Grrr that irks me to no end! Oh well...have to do my mods then swap the stock stuff back on to pass smog, lol. Can't PM you yet...still need some more posts.

·
Wannabe Gen Owner
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think it's worth my while to wait for the 2012 since the 3.8 is getting a bump in power?

·
Wannabe Gen Owner
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately a law was passed about 2 years ago that prevented someone who claimed residency in california to register their car out of state, for the exact reasons you want to register it out of state lol.
Maybe I'll fly to Florida to visit my mom or brother for a couple days, buy a coupe, and have them ship it out here...get a Florida license while I'm there! Probably not feasible though :mad:

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Welcome man...nice to see another San Diego Member

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
Unfortunately if you claim residence here, your car cant be registered out of state.

As far as waiting for a 2012 model, its not gonna be available until probably close to fall. If you can wait that long I dont see why not.

·
Wannabe Gen Owner
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, I was looking at around August/September time frame so I can pay some stuff off and get my credit score as high as I can before I purchase. Right now I'm putting together an extensive list of aftermarket parts I want to put on the car...hopefully there isn't too big a change with the refresh other than minor cosmetics and the bump in HP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts