Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new-to-me (used) 2.0 Track. I called to activate my XM trial. When I turn on my radio, and press the XM button, it will say 'XM LOADING' and I am unable to press any other button while in XM mode. It's just stuck with that message, and nothing ever happens. I called the XM support twice, and they suggest my dealer needs to re-set the radio. Can the radio even be re-set? Can I do this myself? Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Unplug the battery for about a minute that fixed mine after I set in the garage for the winter!

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
I had that issue once. Radio came back on after the car was turned off and back on.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
There is a way to "refresh" the radio - have not done it myself.

But +1 to unplugging the battery for a minute or so.

Let us know how that works

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
this might sound stupid but are you in your garage or under some type of covering? I guess xm doesnt do well under covering because i would get that message when at a drive thru or when pulling into my garage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no XM

I have tried this a few times with my car sitting in my driveway. No luck. So I will try disconnecting the battery, and report back. I hope that does the trick! Thanks.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
Good point too, Nosaj. There are points in Orillia here when my XM cuts out because of the satellite positioning vs the buildings I'm driving beside.

And if I were to start my car in the shed it is in currently, the XM would NOT pick up signal and continually say either "Loading" or "searching for signal".

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
no XM

Well, I disconnected the battery. But the problem persists. The 'LOADING XM' message just sits there, and nothing happens. Has anyone else had this happen? What, if anything, can the dealer do, if disconnecting the battery didn't do the trick?

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Are you positive that you get the trial period even when purchasing the car used?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XM

yes - I received a 3-month trial. I have called XM three times since the free trial was made effective. they have refreshed the signal three times, and that has not worked. they suggested my dealer reset the radio. But other than turning off the car battery (which I did), I don't know what the dealer can do. I will contact them today and see what they suggest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ross6200

well, what did the dealer say.

Mine started doing this after i had a break in service. I renewed my subscription, and it is saying loading randomly, and or no signal. if it works, it works for a minute to 30 secs, and then it fades in and out too. Very annoying,
called dealership here, and all they could say is their standard robotic response "we need to look at it here, can we schedule an appointment"....
if anyone has a fix, please reply.
:dunno: already tried the battery disconect for 2 minutes btw no effect

·
Registered
994 Posts
yes - I received a 3-month trial. I have called XM three times since the free trial was made effective. they have refreshed the signal three times, and that has not worked. they suggested my dealer reset the radio. But other than turning off the car battery (which I did), I don't know what the dealer can do. I will contact them today and see what they suggest.
There is an option in the secret menus to reset the radio.That might be whats needed.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ross6200

well, what did the dealer say.

Mine started doing this after i had a break in service. I renewed my subscription, and it is saying loading randomly, and or no signal. if it works, it works for a minute to 30 secs, and then it fades in and out too. Very annoying,
called dealership here, and all they could say is their standard robotic response "we need to look at it here, can we schedule an appointment"....
if anyone has a fix, please reply.
:dunno: already tried the battery disconect for 2 minutes btw no effect
Did you drive 50,000 miles already? Isnt it still under warranty? Let them take a crack at it. They will either know how to fix it,or will replace the radio,which will fix it.

EDIT: I see that Ross did exactly that and they replaced his radio.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
I have problems with the XM cutting out downtown where all the skyscrapers are, yet the strangest thing is it worked flawlessly TWO FLOORS UNDERGROUND in my parking garage :dunno:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts